More Details

Discussion in 'HD Comcast TiVo DVR (Archive)' started by Emacee, Aug 3, 2011.

1. Emacee

Emacee Member

Dec 15, 2000
    Philadelphia...
    Comcast has a (hard to find, not listed on any menus) page on their website describing Comcast with Tivo service.
    http://www.comcast.com/tivo/default.html

Basically, Tivo is available as an add-on to one of their Comcast "Triple Play" packages. Additional cost is $9.95 per month. Triple Play includes access to Comcast's On-Demand offerings (which are not available to unlocked Tivo/cable card users). The Triple Play packages include Internet access and land-line phone service with unlimited calling.

Apparently, Comcast does not charge upfront for the Tivo box (a modified Premiere) and $9.95 is much better than Tivo's monthly $19.95 subscription charge. A little over four years with Comcast equals the cost of Tivo's "lifetime" subscription.

I still haven't seen a definite roll-out schedule for Comcast Tivo.

2. JolinG

JolinG New Member

Aug 9, 2011
    So, is this thread related to some thing else?

3. anthonf

anthonf New Member

Aug 10, 2011
    United States

physicianloansx com/]doctor loans

4. JoeTaxpayer

JoeTaxpayer Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Additional to what? When I had a Comcast DVR in a second room, it was $25/mo. Are you saying a current CC customer can add this box for just the $10, or is it $10+outlet fee of $7 or so?

I got the lifetime Premiere for $479. Not sure why one would pay TiVo $20/mo for that. My break even was 24 months. Now my only cost is Comcast outlet fee.