Monk "Mr. Monk Bumps His Head" OAD 1/20/2006 spoilers

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by boywaja, Jan 22, 2006.

1. boywaja

boywaja Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2001
    Northern...

Advertisements

Ok, in the first half of the episode I was not happy with it at all. I just found Cora extremely annoying. The only redeeming quality was to see someone force Monk to get over it instead of mollycoddling him.

The second half had some great lines.

Monk refering to the fertilizer sales shop: "this is worse than drug trafficing. You've got to nail this guy."

monk in the car with the bee!!
    then monk covered in bees in the beekeeper suit.

what's my name?
    adrian
    no really, what's my name

2. BeanMeScot

BeanMeScot Sci-Fi Junkie

Apr 17, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    I thought it was a pretty fun episode. A definate ode to the movie Overboard.

3. jehma

jehma Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2003
    NJ

Yes, and that's one of our favorite movies.

I loved that he didn't know who he was, but managed to be himself anyway :)

4. betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...
    Watching it this afternoon I was chuckling at how he looked at the note from the waitress and right away started going into to 'dectective' mode. Noticing that it was written by a leftie and noticing about the parrot and the rug was gone. I am glad the sheriff listened to him and even offered him a job. He's a natural! Yep. Thats our Monk!

5. vertigo235

vertigo235 Well-Known Member TCF Club

Oct 27, 2000
    Charlotte

Advertisements

I really liked this episode.

6. sushikitten

sushikitten LivingLippy.com

Jan 27, 2005
    Chicago-ish...
    Agreed, the first half stunk. I almost turned it off!!!! Gladly, it did get better.

7. lambertman

lambertman Still not Bertman

Dec 20, 2002
    Indianapolis...
    seems like they had something else to add to the final scene between monk and Cora, but time constraints forced them to cut it. There should've been more too the goodbye scene.

8. Peter000

Peter000 Well-Known Member TCF Club

Apr 15, 2002
    Red Wing, MN
    I don't think the first half stunk, other than being a little slow to get started. All of the clues were set up in the first half. The waitress singing, the rage driven boyfriend (though we didn't know the relationship at the time), etc. And Monk being Monk even though he didn't remember anything... not even Sierra Springs water. LOVED how the kiss brought back memories of Trudy, triggering his first memory.

He even almost got used to a different set of clothes by the end. :) This series is great at taking Monk in small incremental steps to being healthier, without totally trashing the reasons that make him fun to watch.

9. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Fishers, IN
    I agree with most assessments...the true test of a show is how quickly the "hour" (42 minutes) goes by...and this one flew. Good Monk!

10. SparkleMotion

SparkleMotion New Member

Feb 2, 2004
    Alive at...
    Awww...the waitress was super cute. Hated to see her get offed. :(

Man, Roseanne's sister has aged. I'm sure part of that was intentional makeup/wardrobe choices, but it really is indicative of the time that's passed.

Was the killer Shalhoub's son? I saw a male Shalhoub in the credits and could only figure it was him (especially since the Sherrif is accounted for as Charles Napier). Or maybe he was the barbershop owner.

11. rcobourn

rcobourn Registered Snoozer

Nov 10, 2004
    Phoenix, AZ
    Michael Shalhoub played Ned the Beekeeper, according to TV.com.

12. SparkleMotion

SparkleMotion New Member

Feb 2, 2004
    Alive at...
    Ah...maybe a father or brother then...as he was much too old to be Tony's offspring. :)

13. betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...
    A brother.