Monday Night Football 9/17/07

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by danplaysbass, Sep 18, 2007.

1. danplaysbass

danplaysbass I watch too much TV.

Jul 19, 2004
    Philadelphia
    I think I am done with MNF. The three guys calling the game were just plain awful. It was like announcers from a high school football game. I think they rambled on about meaningless nothings and personal comments...only interrupting their conversation to call the game. Once Charles Barkley joined them it got even worse.

At one point they were even talking about Elizabeth Hasselbeck and how men should watch The View.

Awful.

2. Donbadabon

Donbadabon Bored TCF Club

Mar 5, 2002
    Nashville, TN
    I actually enjoyed it when Charles joined in.

But they do need to talk more about the game.

3. lambertman

lambertman Incrediburgible

Dec 20, 2002
    Indianapolis...
    I worship at the altar of Tony Kornheiser, but he's awful on MNF and even he knows it. But are you gonna turn down millions to do a job just because you stink?

4. jradford

jradford The Jerkstore called

Dec 28, 2004
    He seems 10x more comfortable than last year. As a poster above mentioned, the segments with Barkley were great.

5. IJustLikeTivo

IJustLikeTivo Active Member

Oct 3, 2001
    Gaithersburg...
    The worst part was that they kept trying to figure out how to convince us that the skins stank and that McNabb was going to kick their asses. So, how did that work out boys?

6. danplaysbass

danplaysbass I watch too much TV.

Jul 19, 2004
    Philadelphia
    I like the Buck/Aikman duo on Fox. I think Buck has won several Emmys for his game calling.

7. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    The Skins do stink. We're just stinkier.

8. jradford

jradford The Jerkstore called

Dec 28, 2004
    True, the homerism really showed through last night. It's usually not too bad, but Barkley got in there with a clear and vocal bias with no attempt to hide it which just seemed to bring out the Eagle in Jaws a little much. For instance, I STILL think they got the call right on the field on the fumble, but Bark and Jaws both just dismissed the others attempt to say, "It looks like it's starting to slip before he's all the way down."

9. tem

tem Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2003
    I've liked Jaws forever. He truly knows his Xs and Os. Tirico is mildly annoying but mostly innocuous. Kornheiser is the WORST. The WORST, Jerry.

The bigger problem is that they've had two pathetic games so far. Next week won't be much better but the NE/Cincy game should be a barnburner.