modify Now Playing List

Discussion in 'TiVo Underground' started by ssandmann, Aug 22, 2007.

1. ssandmann

ssandmann New Member

Nov 30, 2006

Advertisements

Is there a way to modify the now playing list on the tivo? I'm mostly interested in organization. I want to have a folder for movies, season passes, etc.

2. Da Goon

Da Goon Registered Abuser

Oct 22, 2006
    Rbautch wrote an excellent script just for this, folders.tcl. I don't use the zipper but I would assume he included it. I use it on my tivo's for the same purpose. I rip dvds and xfer them to the tivo, then shove into my "Movies" folder. Make sure to be careful in using it, it's a powerful tool.

3. ciper

ciper Active Member

Nov 4, 2004
    ssandmann: You need to be more specific. We have no idea what model of Tivo you use and that is VERY important when answering your question.

4. ssandmann

ssandmann New Member

Nov 30, 2006
    I have a DSR 7000 (series 2 directv tivo) running 6.2a zippered and enhanced.

5. ssandmann

ssandmann New Member

Nov 30, 2006

Advertisements

Found it and it works! I don't guess anybody has created a twp module for this have they? I did a quick search and didn't find anything.

6. Da Goon

Da Goon Registered Abuser

Oct 22, 2006
    There is a folders module for TWP. I believe it's included with the stock distro. Never tried it though. Always preferred the command line myself.

7. Soapm

Soapm Active Member

May 9, 2007
    Aurora, CO
    Is that what the folder module in TWP is supposed to do? I've set folders and have recording that auto assign to them but I have never seen them in the now playing list???

8. David Platt

David Platt Mouse Master TCF Club

Dec 13, 2001
    Portland, OR
    IIRC, The TWP folders module just creates folders within TWP itself; they don't show up on the NPL on the TiVo.

9. BTUx9

BTUx9 back?

Nov 13, 2003
    Rockport, MA
    that's correct... the folders module is just for finer control over views of the NPL in TWP (it has NO effect on the tivo GUI)

that being said, someone DID release a module on one of the DDB TWP threads that does allow some folder manipulations (similar to rbautch's script). I haven't looked into it (at some point I hope to roll it into a release), so I can't tell you how well it works.