Modern Family | "Heart Broken" | 2013-02-13

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by markymark_ctown, Feb 14, 2013.

1. markymark_ctown

markymark_ctown Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2004
    C-Town

Advertisements

I love the annual Phil with his "my name is..." sticker trying to pick up Claire at the hotel bar....

2. Alfer

Alfer New Member

Aug 7, 2003
    This V-Day ep was a real letdown IMO. The whole Gloria/Jay thing went on too long and wasn't really funny. The rest of the story lines were hit and miss at best.

Yes there were a couple of good chuckle moments (Phil is always great for a laugh), but that was about it for me.

3. BradJW

BradJW Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2008
    Houston
    Yeah, this episode just didn't mesh well. Phil/Claire were good. Jay/Gloria went on too long. Nothing really clicked in this episode for me. It wasn't bad. It just really felt 'off'.

4. betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...
    I didn't like a lot of it, as said, it didn't quite mesh right. I did enjoy a few moments like the parents being home when the party started and .... well. The Jay and Gloria bit was funny for a couple times but yes, it went on too long.

5. Alfer

Alfer New Member

Aug 7, 2003

Advertisements

Ok I have to ask..what's up with the IKEA avatar?? :confused:

6. betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...
    I am playing a werewolf game over in the Fun house and we each have a country. I am Sweden! :) You may notice others with countries flag.

I chose a couple of beautiful well endowed blondes at first but decided that a lot of things in my house were IKEA so I changed to that.

7. inaka

inaka Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2001
    That was easily the most unfunny episode of Modern Family I have ever seen.
    Complete miss.

8. lodica1967

lodica1967 Member

Aug 5, 2003
    Hawaiian...

Agreed. It was like the pacing was way off for some reason.

9. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey TCF Club

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    Yep, agree with the masses here. I did like the kids throwing the party when Clare ad Phil were upstairs and Phil s reaction to them

I also think they are trying too hard with Lily. She's now become silly.

10. Family

Family Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2001
    I also thought it was a nothing episode; one of the worst, but the only thing I really enjoyed was Lily.

11. NJChris

NJChris Kermie Loves Elmo TCF Club

May 11, 2001
    Huntington...
    I did like Cam's screeching when Dillon fell off the roof. :)

I liked it overall. I guess not the funniest if I had to compare to all of their episodes but I still enjoy watching it. Even their lesser funny shows are more entertaining than most other shows...

Still enjoyed it... tho I think I missed something why Jay wanted to be interrupted at the end.

12. TAsunder

TAsunder Debates Ghee vs Gi

Aug 6, 2003
    Madison, WI
    Lily is actually delivering lines really well this season.

13. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    It was interesting that we didn't see Cam or Mitchell until the episode was nearly over. I commented about that when they first appeared on screen, and my wife said, "Haven't missed them." I realized I agree. I used to really like Cam, but he's not that funny anymore. I'd be totally fine with those two characters taking a backseat to the other four adults and the four older kids.

14. efilippi

efilippi Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jul 24, 2001
    Mundelein, Il
    I just saw Cam in the Identity Thief movie over the weekend, such a different role. He was much heavier in that movie and it looked to me like he is reverting to his old size in this episode of Modern Family as well.

15. BradJW

BradJW Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2008
    Houston
    They did it once. Gloria wanted more. Jay is 66 years old. Twice a day, even with Gloria is pushing it.

Speaking of - Phil had the best line again. "I can only imagine how Jay feels!"

16. robojerk

robojerk Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Laguna Hills CA
    Instead of weaving the three different families together into the episode, it seemed each family's story was separated into different segments.

17. Idearat

Idearat Active Member

Nov 26, 2000
    Gilroy
    I was bummed that Lily kicked Dillon out of the house. He cleaned the place in record time, made soup, he seemed to be a good housemate. There was nothing he did wrong, other than they didn't want him to stay. I think a gay couple with a straight houseboy who's good at the domestic stuff could have been fun for a few episodes.

18. uncdrew

uncdrew Annie 2.0

Aug 6, 2002
    Down South
    I would have enjoyed more Manny, Luke, smart female kid... and stories about their Valentine's Day.

Yes, Jay wants to boink his hot wife. We all do. We get it.

19. milo99

milo99 Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Falls...
    "it's cute that after 6 weeks you think you'll need an hour."

:)

20. YCantAngieRead

YCantAngieRead Not Entirely Current

Nov 5, 2003
    I think the format kind of crippled it. It was an interesting idea-one couple at a time-but this show is funniest when the family mixes it up.

I did laugh at Cam and Mitchell doing Clive Bixby. :D