MoCA Setup

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Bojangling, Jan 31, 2012.

1. Bojangling

Bojangling Member

Nov 28, 2003
    No. VA
    I have recently purchased 2 Netgear MoCA kits and have a question about the setup. My current non-MoCA setup is as below:

[​IMG]

My first floor has a TiVo Premiere connected over WiFi to my router.

My second floor has a Fios Router (sending a wireless signal to the rest of the house) and a TiVo Premiere and Xbox 360 wired to the router with cat 5.

Notes: I have the Fios Actiontec MI424WR Rev D. I also have Fios TV running to the cablecards in my TiVos.

My second floor setup is fine as is, I simply want to wire the first floor TiVo via MoCA.
    1. Can I simply add a MoCA kit in front of my first floor setup and solve the issue?
    2. If not, do I also need one on the second floor so they can communicate?
    3. If so, can I use the existing Actiontec router? (I would still want the router to also be a wireless and wired router in addition to the MoCA) If I can use the Actiontec, what seetings, if any, do I need to configure on it to makes this happen?

2. fyodor

fyodor Active Member

Sep 19, 2006
    Your MI424WR router should have built-in-MoCA. My understanding is that this is activated by default. So as I understand it, you should be able to just plug a MoCA bridge into the first room, plug the pass-through coax into your Tivo (so that it can get TV) and then connect the Ethernet cable from your MoCA bridge into your Tivo's Ethernet port. The MI424WR should keep acting as a router and performing its other functions.

If it's not working Actiontec's website has a manual for your router that includes installation/setup instructions.

3. Bojangling

Bojangling Member

Nov 28, 2003
    No. VA
    That's what I was hoping for. Thanks so much!