Moca setup issues Roamio

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Tapp1300, Apr 12, 2020.

1. Tapp1300

Tapp1300 New Member

Jan 14, 2017
    At my former house I had a cable modem and a router, and was able to use a Tivo Bridge tjo create a Moca network according to Tivo directions. My Minis then connected directly to cable and all was fine.

Now I have an Arris Surfboard SBG8300 gateway (with no built-in Moca capability), a four tuner Roamio and Tivo bridges.

Current setup: Coax from wall is split, one cable going to the Roamio for cable TV content and the other going to the gateway for internet. This is with Comcast Xfinity.

I'm clueless how to hook this up since the Arris gateway and the Roamio each have only one coax connection. The Tivo Bridge coax has to connect somewhere. Do I split the cable again? There are two ethernet connections open on the gateway and of course on the Roamio. I can't find a diagram for Moca using a combo gateway.

I've attached a diagram. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks so much!

JT Presentation1.jpg

2. lhvetinari

lhvetinari Si non confectus, non reficiat TCF Club

Jun 24, 2019
    Chicago
    Replace the two way splitter with a three or four way splitter, it’s better than cascading multiple two way splitters.

Ethernet comes from the arris to the bridge, MoCa goes up the third leg of the splitter towards the wall. Roamio connects directly to the Arris.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. mdavej

mdavej Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2015
    Yes
    Capture.PNG