MoCA over Comcast X1 network

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by pbABQ, Oct 29, 2015.

1. pbABQ

pbABQ New Member

Oct 29, 2015

Advertisements

Anyone managed to set up a MoCA network with Comcast's X1 system? I have been unable to use with either external TiVo adapters or the built in adapter on the Premiere XL4. And it appears that the Premiere is not compatible with the MoCA setup on Comcast's XB3 modem, so I disabled that. (Modem is linked fro wireless through an ASUS RT-87U AC router.)

2. mcf57

mcf57 Member

Oct 19, 2012
    PA
    Yea, I tried to do something similar, but was told by a Comcast tech a few months ago that its one or the other. Unless you run independent coaxial cabling for each system, you can't run both over the same lines. They interfere with each other. Now, I'm not always confident about what Comcast techs have told me before so take that for what its worth.

I wound up ditching the X1 equipment and just going with TiVo. Much wiser choice anyway as I used a family member's X1 box and didn't like it at all. I thought I would need it for OnDemand, but was pleasantly surprised to learn that I could get OnDemand through my TiVo. It works good enough so I'm not complaining and there really is no need for the X1 system after all.

3. pbABQ

pbABQ New Member

Oct 29, 2015
    Thanks--that was kinda where I was getting, but couldn't find anyone at either Comcast or TiVo who could address it definitively. So I'll stick with wireless N adapters for the moment, even if TiVo doesn't. I like your solution to drop X1, but a household member is pretty invested in it, so I'm stuck for right now.

4. PSU_Sudzi

PSU_Sudzi Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2015
    Philly suburbs
    Yes, I am running the built-in MoCA from the XB3 box through my home and its connected to my Roamio Plus and Mini, no problems aside from the fact I can't connect my Xbox One directly into the ethernet port on the TiVo.

5. poppagene

poppagene User

Dec 29, 2001

Advertisements

I'm using the Motorola Surfboard SBG 6782-AC with Comcast internet and the MoCa works fine. I get my tv using an antenna rather than cable so I can't comment on whether that messes things up.