Advertisements I’m trying to help a friend set up a TiVo and two TiVo Minis using MoCA networking at her new house and I’m stumped. I’m familiar with MoCA, having used it in two houses, but something different is going on in this case. Before having my friend buy new splitters and Minis, I took my Holland MoCA-rated splitters and my two Minis to her house to test. She has a TiVo Premiere Elite, cable card and Spectrum-provided tuning adapter that are set up and working fine. I first disconnected the inbound Spectrum cable line to isolate the house system for MoCA and then attached my Holland 3-way splitter at the central A/V box inside the house to the coax lines running to the cable modem/Premiere location, and to the bedroom and the screened porch where she wants to use Minis. I also installed my Holland 2-way splitter at the cable modem/WiFi router/Premiere location. After changing the Premiere’s networking settings to MoCA+Ethernet, the MoCA network worked great. Both Minis were able to access and play shows recorded on the Premiere. But when I reattached the inbound Spectrum cable line everything fell apart. Not only did the MoCA network stop working (i.e. the Minis could no longer “see” the Premiere), but there was no internet access. This persisted after I shut down and restarted all the devices. I eventually gave up for the day and restored all connections to how they were before I started. Cable TV and internet were once again working fine. One surprising thing I noticed was an electric current on the inbound Spectrum cable line. When I reconnected it the final time I accidentally touched its copper core and felt the telltale tingle of electric current (much like I remember from touching a 9-volt to my moistened upper lip when I was a kid). I was surprised, and touched the copper again to confirm. Sure enough there was some low-voltage current in the coax. Perhaps I’m ignorant, or perhaps this offers a clue, but I’ve never before detected an electric current on a cable/internet line. It appears that the MoCA and internet signals were in conflict, although they are supposed to run on different frequencies, or perhaps the electric current on the line is causing the problem. I’m hoping something I’ve written here may resonate with someone on the forum and prompt an idea or ideas about what the problem may be and how to proceed. Thanks.