MoCA and Ethernet Connectivity

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by JWadle, Jun 4, 2017.

1. JWadle

JWadle TiVo Fan

May 2, 2015
    Boulder CO

Advertisements

I am using a TiVo BOLT and three Minis. After trying several configurations of MoCA and Ethernet connections, it seems that any configuration in which the BOLT and a Mini are not on the same mode of connection results in the Mini periodically losing connectivity with the BOLT. In other words, if the BOLT and a Mini are both MoCA or both Ethernet it works reliably. If one is MoCA and the other Ethernet, it fails periodically (e.g. after 10-30 minutes when playing live TV on the Mini).

My MoCA network is created by an Actiontec ECB6200 adapter, so the TiVos are only MoCA clients.

Has anyone else seen this problem or have a suggested fix?

2. UCLABB

UCLABB Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    Riverside, CA
    Is it possible to put them all on Moca? Or is that fix too obvious and you've already considered it and it's not possible.

3. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
    Can you report what model number router and/or switch to which the ECB6200 and TiVo devices would connect if/when using Ethernet? (Curious if your issue relates to the "IGMP Snooping" or green switch issue reported by some.)

4. JWadle

JWadle TiVo Fan

May 2, 2015
    Boulder CO
    Using a Netgear R7800 router.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

5. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
  6. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    For a router (not a switch): 192.168.1.1 (login), then Advanced, then Setup, then WAN Setup, check the box for Disable IGMP Proxying.

It's also where MTU is set (remember that problem?).

krkaufman likes this.