Mobiles phones for TiVo Remote Mobile Scheduling

Discussion in 'TiVo NZ/Australia' started by ozdoc, Nov 19, 2009.

1. ozdoc

ozdoc New Member

Feb 20, 2009
    With TiVo Genie and TiVo remote mobile scheduling being pre-released, I'm considering a new mobile. I've got an eye on the upcoming Nokia E72.
    Is anyone using a current E71 / E 63 with the remote mobile scheduling, and if so, does it work well? Any other phones worth considering or good experiences with remote scheduling on your mobile?

2. Pepito

Pepito New Member

Jan 7, 2009
    Australia
    Sorry can't help with your question about the Nokias but I hope iPhone is supported :)

3. steelpaw

steelpaw New Member

May 27, 2009
    I've got an E63. I've only used it once for remote mobile scheduling, but it did work well. There was a problem with the 'Search' function not working, but I think this is/was an issue with the service in general, not that phone in particular (I saw someone else post about it on one of the forums).

4. ozdoc

ozdoc New Member

Feb 20, 2009
    Thanks steelpaw. Good to know.

5. petestrash

petestrash New Member

Mar 7, 2004
    Perth,...
    You might just want to confirm replies to your question are specifically about the experience people had with the current beta version of Australian TiVo Genie Mobile website and not the US equivalent which is different.

Peter.

6. Dec 7, 2009 #6 of 10
    chrism238

chrism238 New Member

Dec 7, 2009
    I've tried this on my iPhone - using Safari I can see the m.mytivo.com.au/auth/login login page, it asks for my acct/password information, but then only displays a blank white browser screen. Even with an invalid acct/password I still get the same blank screen.

Anyone having more success?

7. ozdoc

ozdoc New Member

Feb 20, 2009
    Yes, have finally got the E72, and the mobile Genie site works well, although not on as nice a screen size as the iPhone.

8. Jan 2, 2010 #8 of 10
    alan.cramer

alan.cramer Australian TiVo User

Feb 22, 2006
    Australia
    How do Nokia's newer phones stack up against iPhone and Android based offerings anyway? I was turned off Nokia handsets after I owned a Nokia 6600 (original one). I recently upgraded to an iPhone, and am very happy with how it handles the TiVo Genie, and also with the DVR Remote app, how it works with my two TiVo units.

9. Jan 2, 2010 #9 of 10
    alan.cramer

alan.cramer Australian TiVo User

Feb 22, 2006
    Australia
    btw ozdoc, it is good to see you here also. ;-)

10. ozdoc

ozdoc New Member

Feb 20, 2009
    Yeah, I'm around the traps. :)

RE: iPhone.
    I just wanted a solid business phone for email / messaging / phone calls / WiFi and the E72 seemed to suit, and it fits into my pocket a little better than the iPhone. Plus 3 out of 5 work colleagues who had a iPhone had cracked screens after 12 months, which was a little disturbing. But no doubt they are the Bees knees of fun phones, especially for TiVo users. Not sure about android. I was considering the HTC Hero but elected for a non-touch phone in the end. In the end, I will only probably use it once a week or so for TiVo Genie scheduling, so I'm not too fussed about the smaller screen real estate on the E72.