"Mobbed" (random flash-mob reality show on Fox)

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by mrdazzo7, Aug 19, 2011.

1. mrdazzo7

mrdazzo7 Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2006
    I channel surfed on the broadcast channels for the first time in god knows how long the other day and came across something called "Mobbed"... basically someone has a secret or announcement they want to share with someone else so they enlist Howie Mandel and a mob of hundreds/thousands of people to do it... I have no idea why but it was so random I had to watch it.

I'm not sure what to take away from it. I'm a huge proponement of surprises so I like that aspect of it... but the spectacle of it is so massively over the top that I can't believe it's real. A lot of what they did in the set up was dependent on the "surprisee" doing things in a certain way, and it looked very large-scale and very expensive for them to just "wing it" and "hope she does things the way they need her to".

Anyway, I don't know why I'm commenting on it. Don't really have anything to say one way or the other. It was just of just there. Howie Mandel is terrible though... he's trying to read off a script and he comes across as totally unnatural.

2. Cearbhaill

Cearbhaill Garden obsessed

Aug 1, 2004
    My back yard
    The pilot episode for this show was on several months ago.
    It was pretty good.
    That said I haven't bothered to keep up with it so there is that.

3. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    At least according to the guide data, this was just a rerun.

4. mrdazzo7

mrdazzo7 Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2006
    Well alrighty then... guess that shows how much I follow reality shows on network channels over the summer!! I follow TV on a daily basis (read various sites, follow stuff on here, etc), so even if I'm not interested in something I still usually at least know of it's existence... I had never seen or heard of this show one single time. I don't remember the last time that happened...

5. Cearbhaill

Cearbhaill Garden obsessed

Aug 1, 2004
    My back yard