MLB playoff game not showing up

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by Marvilyn, Oct 11, 2017.

1. Marvilyn

Marvilyn New Member

Oct 11, 2017

Advertisements

I'm trying to set my Tivo to record the game today and it's still not showing up on the schedule. If I set my Tivo to record all those stupid sitcoms TBS shows in the late afternoon, will it catch the game? Any idea how I can communicate the issue to Tivo to get this fixed?

2. DVR_Dave

DVR_Dave Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2017
    Do a manual recording for the time period.

3. Marvilyn

Marvilyn New Member

Oct 11, 2017
    Is that something I can do from the app? I am at work, which is why I need to record it.

4. compnurd

compnurd Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2011
    everyone is messed up with this.. My Directv box also doesnt have it yet

5. Marvilyn

Marvilyn New Member

Oct 11, 2017

Advertisements

Just did an online chat with a Tivo guy and he said to just set it to record all the sitcoms that are scheduled and it will record whatever is televised (i.e., the game). Hope he's right.

6. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Until an hour ago even zap2it didn't have it listed. Only titantv.com was correct.

7. idksmy

idksmy Guest

Jul 16, 2016
    Why wouldn't he be right? It's not as if the Tivo will determine you requested Sitcom A be recorded and it's really a baseball game and then refuse to record it.

8. DVR_Dave

DVR_Dave Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2017
    It would be wrong if they fix the guide and replace the sitcoms with the game. Sitcoms won't record if the game is in the guide. Game won't record if you didn't schedule it.

Best approach is to do a manual recording for the expected duration of the game.

9. idksmy

idksmy Guest

Jul 16, 2016
    The list of how it could be wrong are almost endless. The advice the OP got from Tivo was correct.

If you're paranoid Tivo won't add the games, or will, create a manual recording and get on with life.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2017