1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MLB app missing from Mini?

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by NSPhillips, Feb 25, 2018.

1. NSPhillips

NSPhillips Member

May 31, 2007
    The MLB.TV app seems to be missing from my Minis. It is present and works properly on my Roamio.

All devices are updated to Hydra.

2. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    My Mini VOX with a Hydra Roamio host has the MLB app.

NSPhillips likes this.
  3. heelsbigc

heelsbigc New Member

Aug 23, 2013
    Happened to me as well, except Im not on hydra.

JoeKustra likes this.
  4. rchmnd52

rchmnd52 New Member TCF Club

Feb 2, 2003
    Me three. I have a Roamio 6 tuner and a Roamio OTA both on the old interface. Both list the MLB app. I have two Minis that are missing the app.

5. samsauce29

samsauce29 Member

Nov 30, 2007
    Erie, PA
    I have it on my Bolt. Possibly not for long. I just tried it, couldn't get any video to show, and to add insult to injury, it locked up the entire device requiring a power cord cycle.

6. gdaleva

gdaleva New Member

Nov 8, 2004
    I contacted support today to find out what was going on with the missing apps and had the following conversation:

Support: "Upon checking right here, MLB app is no longer available in TiVo Premiere and Mini boxes.
    The App provider is no longer supporting this apps in these devices...."
    Me: "When was notice provided of this change?
    Support: "I'm sorry but don't provide information to customers about this changes.
    Is there anything else I can assist you with?"
    Me: "How can I get a refund on all the TiVo boxes I have that no longer work with the App I bought them to watch?
    Support: "Upon checking right here, this info was just recently publish to us, the reason you dont receive yet a notice abut these changes."
    Support: "I'm sorry to hear that but since we have limited scope of support here on chat for security purposes, in terms of account and billingconcern, please contact our Customer Service Phone Support at 877-289-8486."

Bad news for anyone with Minis or Premieres that bought them to watch MLB. I seriously would not have made the initial purchase. I guess TiVo's new strategy is for subscribers to 'upgrade' back to their cable co's...a lifetime license isn't worth much if the company doesn't support it.

7. keenanSR

keenanSR Active Member TCF Club

Oct 12, 2004
    Santa Rosa CA
    It might be codec support, do the Premieres and Minis support all the codecs the Roamios and Bolts do?

8. samsauce29

samsauce29 Member

Nov 30, 2007
    Erie, PA
    I could see the Premiere losing it, similar to PS3, it's a few years old now. Odd to me that the Mini would as well.

9. JoeI

JoeI New Member

Feb 26, 2018
    I just looked here, and it says the Tivo Mini is a supported device. I also called MLB.tv support, and got a verbal confirmation that it is a supported device. I have also opened a ticket with Tivo on the Mini not having the MLB.tv app, and am waiting on a response. I'll post here when I get something.

10. ORDK

ORDK New Member

Feb 27, 2018
    Same issue here. The app was working on my mini on Saturday, and is gone now.

11. JoeI

JoeI New Member

Feb 26, 2018
    I received a response from Tivo customer support, and it’s not good. I wish I could understand what’s driving this decision. Here’s the response:

[​IMG]
    Dear Joe,

Thank you for contacting TiVo Email Support.

We apologize for any inconvenience that this has brought you.The MLB.TV App is no longer supported on Series 4 and TiVo Mini Boxes.

Series 4
    · Premiere XL4/Elite
    · Premiere 4
    · Premiere XL
    · Premiere 500GB
    · Premiere 320GB

TiVo Mini VOX/Mini
    · TiVo Mini VOX
    · TiVo Mini

New MLB.TV App User Interface is only available on Series 6 and Series 5 Boxes both in TiVo Experience 3 and TiVo Experience 4.

Series 6
    TiVo BOLT VOX and BOLT 3TB
    TiVo BOLT VOX and BOLT 1TB
    TiVo BOLT VOX and BOLT 500GB

Series 5
    Roamio OTA VOX 1TB
    Roamio OTA 1TB
    Roamio OTA 500GB
    Roamio Plus 3TB
    Roamio Plus 1TB
    Roamio 500GB

You can use this link to suggest a new feature. http://advisors.tivo. com/wix5/p2272893819.aspx Our
    designers and engineers use these to add new features or improve existing.

The Case Number for this inquiry is ____________. Please refer to this number if you choose to contact us again regarding this request. In order to reply to this email, please log into My Support at www.tivo.com/mysupport. Replies directly to this email will not be received.

Sincerely,

TiVo Tecnical Support Representative
    www.tivo.com/support
    http://forums.tivo.com

[​IMG]

12. ORDK

ORDK New Member

Feb 27, 2018
    I think MLB.tv must have just pushed a new update in the last couple of days. I can see the app in my main box (which is a Bolt 3TB) and it has some... interesting new features. As in, it's unusable right now. Not sure how specific to my setup the fun new features are, but I also submitted a report to MLB TV on the bugs I'm seeing.

Sadly, nothing TiVo can do about this, as far as I can tell. This is coming from MLB.

13. JoeI

JoeI New Member

Feb 26, 2018
    I got so fixated and upset over the fact that TiVo removed MLB.tv from the Mini that I forgot that I also have a Roku box on another input to this particular TV where I want to watch MLB. (I don't use the Roku very often.) The Roku has MLB.tv on it, so I'm good.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2018
  14. Bombola

Bombola Member

Dec 7, 2016
    MLB works on the Bolt+, but not on any Minis.

15. vurbano

vurbano Member

Apr 20, 2004
    Im in the same boat. Are they working to fix this?

16. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    No. Read post 11.

17. Bombola

Bombola Member

Dec 7, 2016
    One can always hope that they will correct this.

18. HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    They who? MLB would have to do it and it's unlikely...

Scott

19. Bombola

Bombola Member

Dec 7, 2016
    Takes two to tango.