Missing - Whole season thread (spoiles acceptable)

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Steveknj, May 9, 2012.

1. May 9, 2012 #1 of 30
    Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey TCF Club

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey

Advertisements

Anyone still watching this? I made a whole season thread as the last episode on here was in March.

I like it. Lots of twists and turns. But I did think that the family friend was going to wind up being involved with the bad guys.

2. May 9, 2012 #2 of 30
    zalusky

zalusky Well-Known Member TCF Club

Apr 5, 2002
    Cupertino, CA
    Still watching! I love the foreign locations. Can't think of any shows at the moment that have done that.

That being said it does feel like a poor imitation of 24 with the mole. I suspected Keith Carradine from the beginning was bad. He is too big a character to just be window dressing. I wished they would have worked more on the story arc. It just seems to have meandered from this to that a little too much aka 24. And has also been said Sean Bean has absolutely zero charisma.

This is all to sad because I like Ashley Judd and I like the concept especially in 13 episode seasons. It's ratings have been so low that I think its toast though.

3. May 9, 2012 #3 of 30
    WhiskeyTango

WhiskeyTango New Member

Sep 20, 2006
    New Jersey
    The same holds true for me except I stopped watching about 2 episodes ago. The son annoyed me for some reason so it made it hard to root for him to be free. Also the CIA angle - they're flip flopping every few episodes on whether they are hunting or helping Becca. I liked it though but knowing it's going to be canceled and the fact that I have SO much else to watch, I reluctantly decided to let this one go.

4. May 9, 2012 #4 of 30
    Mr. Soze

Mr. Soze Back by popular demand

Nov 1, 2002
    The 75006...
    I've only watched the pilot, and it's piling up on the DVR. That's my definition a show of circling the drain.

5. May 9, 2012 #5 of 30
    Church AV Guy

Church AV Guy Active Member

Jan 19, 2005
    high desert...

Advertisements

My problem is, I find Ashley Judd unbelievable in the role. Jennifer Garner pulled it off in Alias, and even Sarah Michelle Gellar managed as Buffy, given that she was magic and all:))) but Ashley just seems too unbelievable. Early on in H50, Grace Park got into a fight with two or three really big guys, and she won the fight. That, too, was just not believable.:rolleyes: It might have been believable if she were still a Cylon...:D

6. May 9, 2012 #6 of 30
    zalusky

zalusky Well-Known Member TCF Club

Apr 5, 2002
    Cupertino, CA
    So is it the acting or that you don't believe she could be as athletic as she portrays, or she shouldn't have all those espionage skills and connections.

If its the acting I would blame the director because Jennifer Garner does not always come across a good actor. The director though has the ability to make up for that sometimes with editing and other tricks.

7. May 9, 2012 #7 of 30
    Church AV Guy

Jan 19, 2005
    high desert...
    Like my objection to Grace Park, I think the people Ashley has been having fights with could easily just pick her up and break her like a toothpick. No, I don't know how Jennifer Garner convinced me that she could do it. Maybe I wasn't so jadded back then, but Ashley is totally outmatched. They just look totally unrealistic to me--more like a cartoon.

I have no problem with the spy skills, if they just didn't have he beating the crap out of guys three times her size without even messing up her hair.

8. May 9, 2012 #8 of 30
    Jesda

Jesda CAPTAIN AWESOME

Feb 12, 2005
    DETROIT!
    Lots of deaths at every turn. Pretty fast-paced for a TV series.

9. Doggie Bear

Doggie Bear Member

Jan 16, 2008
    Pacific...
    Have you seen Michelle Yeoh in "Tomorrow Never Dies," "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon," or other Hong Kong action flicks? She's even slighter in build and stature than Grace Park, but not only does she look convincing in beating the crap out of guys, she probably could do it in real life, as she has serious martial arts skillz.

10. Church AV Guy

Jan 19, 2005
    high desert...
    Maybe her genuine martial arts skills make the difference. But after I posted yesterday, I remembered Nikita. She WAS believalbe in Live Free or Die Hard, for some reason, but in Nikita, it's like a comic or something. If it were actually more serious, rather than a true guilty pleasure, she would be unblievalbe in that too.

Anyway, just because I have a problem with Ashly in that role does not suggest anyone else should. There are other things about the show that are not completely satisfying, but I'm watching it anyway.

The scenery is like a whole additional character.

With the reveal of who is really behind it all, I assume it's coming to a conclusion pretty quickly now. Either that, or he'll be a persistant villan. There are only two more episodes listed in EPguides.

What are the renewal chances?

11. WhiskeyTango

WhiskeyTango New Member

Sep 20, 2006
    New Jersey
    Slim to none.

12. Church AV Guy

Jan 19, 2005
    high desert...
    I was afraid of that. When you get even a little invested in a show, the ratings are just below what is needed for renewal.:(

13. madscientist

madscientist Deregistered Snoozer

Nov 12, 2003
    Lexington, MA
    I'd definitely have watched this, if they'd put it at somewhere else where I didn't already have two shows being recorded. I did watch two or three eps. when other things were on hiatus.

14. Mr. Soze

Mr. Soze Back by popular demand

Nov 1, 2002
    The 75006...
    Deleted unwatched shows and SP. I simply wasn't hooked, and after they kept piling up, it had to happen.

15. purwater

purwater I make tasty water

Aug 25, 2005
    SW Virginia
    My wife and I really enjoy Missing. Haven't watched the last episode on the DVR yet due to being busy lately, but it has that Alias feel to me which I really enjoyed. Worst part is whatever is going on with Ashley's face. She doesn't look like her normal self. Overall we've enjoyed it quite a bit which means it's as good as cancelled.

16. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    have a couple of unwatched eps, definitely will still watch.. even if it ends on a cliffhanger.

17. Jesda

Jesda CAPTAIN AWESOME

Feb 12, 2005
    DETROIT!
  18. Rob Dawn

Rob Dawn Member

Aug 16, 2002
    Colorado...
    Does anyone know if the season finale this week will wrap the show up nicely? We have all the episodes on the DVR but won't watch any of it if the show is not going to be wrapped up since it has been canceled.

19. sieglinde

sieglinde Active Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    I am watching it anyway. True, I only have one unwatched episode but it is a fun show and I like the characters and the actors. Try the first two episodes and then decide. There will be enough spoilers here to tell you whether it actually ends or not.

20. Jesda

Jesda CAPTAIN AWESOME

Feb 12, 2005
    DETROIT!
    What the hell was up with that surprise ending? How do they plan on finishing the story without a second season?