"missing" - What does this mean?

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by marktd, Jan 19, 2006.

1. marktd

marktd New Member

Jan 9, 2005

Advertisements

Greetings,

I have a season pass for The Shield and it has so far always worked as expected (for more than a year now), however, currently in my To Do List it says:

HTML:
    None scheduled              Missing          The Shield
    I.e. where it usually would show the channel ("248 FX" or whatever it is) is says "Missing." Selecting "Upcoming Episodes" shows six showings (two episodes, both new). FX is in my channels I receive list and favorites. Could anybody help me with what "Missing" means?

Thanks,
    Mark

2. Dmon4u

Dmon4u Unresponsive User

Jul 15, 2000
    PA
    I had the same problem, went to recording History and found that it said the show was no longer listed in the Program Guide data.

I checked that and it was there !

This is the forth time this year it's happened. The others were each of the shows on Sci-Fi's friday night.

3. TeeSee

TeeSee Tiiin ROOF. Rusted!

Jan 16, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    I noticed the same problem. Where it should say (248 FX), it said just (FX). This was in "View upcomming programs". In the TDL it showed "missing", as the OP said.

I just made another season pass for The Sheild and it picks up the new shows just fine.

4. MyM3

MyM3 Member

Jan 30, 2002
    Kenmore, Wa.
    I have the same problem but for my "Dharma & Greg" episodes it is not a Season Pass. What's up with FX?

5. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY

Advertisements

Remove and re-enter the SP. The channel ID has been changed.
    See the later replies to the link poiinted to by MyM3.

6. marktd

marktd New Member

Jan 9, 2005
    (And all others.)

Thank you.

Mark

7. ryback

ryback New Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Euless, TX
    I had the same problem with The Shield, did the remove, re-enter dance and everything is back to normal. I missed one episode of The Shield, but thankfully they show it several more times before the next episode.

8. mrjam2jab

mrjam2jab Still Learning

Jul 23, 2004
    Levittown, PA
    I had a similiar situation this week with a show on USA....usually airs Monday night but this week was aired Thursday night...when i noticed it wasnt recording 30 mins into it i checked and found the "no longer in guide" message....

How can it not be in the guide but be on at the same time...????

9. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    If the channel ID got changed, this would happen. See the threads on when this happened with FX. (This thread included.:))

Try removing the SP and then re-enter it.