Missing Onion running banner

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by gbrown, Jul 18, 2007.

1. gbrown

gbrown Member

Oct 31, 2006
    I'm on a S3 TiVo connected to a Sony HDTV. I use fixed 1080i video output from the S3. I subscribe to the Onion TiVocast.

For the last several weeks, the downloaded content is too tall. The running banner at the bottom, sometimes the funniest part of the Onion TiVocast, is half off the bottom and unreadable. Has the Onion changed its feed resolution? And yes, I have checked that both the TiVo and the TV are in "panel" aspect.

BTW - Nothing else has this problem. No other TiVocasts, online HD content, or regular feed content.

2. MickeS

MickeS Active Member

Dec 26, 2002
    Odd. I don't have this problem with the Onion TiVoCasts. I too use fixed 1080i output. I have the S3 connected via HDMI to the TV, and there is no overscan. Could it be that they have changed something and that now the banner is running in the overscan area on your TV maybe?

3. snathanb

snathanb New Member

Sep 13, 2006
    Is your TV on some sort of stretch mode?

I am on 1080i fixed with an S3 and my onion tivocasts have been just fine.

4. litkaj

litkaj Member

Jun 5, 2007
    Exton, PA
    The feed was changed and I'm none-too-happy about it. A few weeks back they were adding a bit of padding for TVs that were set to overscan. Starting 3 or 4 episodes ago that padding was removed so now half the ticker is missing on my TV as well. I just have to set my TV to dot-by-dot for the two minutes I'm watching The Onion.

5. richsadams

richsadams Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2003
    Yep, same problem for us, the news crawl on The Onion is no longer visable...and that's one of the best parts! :mad:

This is the original thread that TiVoStephen started when he announced that The Onion was available on TiVoCast and we had the same complaint then...and they fixed it, but now it's back, er, missing. So I've posted another "whine" there. ;)

EDIT: I e-mailed Stephen and here is his speedy reply:

So it looks like help is on the way! Once again, TiVoStephen be 'Da Man! :up: