Missing lots of Xfinity programming by using Roamio?/new mini Q, too

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by 5herri, Dec 30, 2020.

1. 5herri

5herri New Member

Dec 30, 2020

Advertisements

I've just learned that my 4 minis are old enough to be the main factor in my issues with streaming
    netflix et al. I've had long been concerned about the limitations of TIVO is delivering all Xfinity offers ie we can't use any of their On demand offerings. Before I invest further into my TIVO, can anyone topline for me what Xfinity programming I'm missing? Did I see something about IPTV channels not working on TIVO? What are those BTW? I also think I can't use HBO To Go.

I'm on the verge of pulling the TIVO plug after 20+ years rather than invest in new minis at this point. The mini Lux are $199.99 and come with lifetime service (my old minis are also $0 for service). Would an a later model older mini do the job, and would it also have free service. Lots here, sorry. Any suggestions?

2. kpeters59

kpeters59 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    If your Mini's show the Cable Channels you want to watch, you're good to go.

It's pretty well pointed out around here that TiVo's are not the way to go for streaming anything.

Use a Roku, or your other preferred device, for streaming and any missing Xfinity programming.

-KP

3. slowbiscuit

slowbiscuit FUBAR

Sep 19, 2006
    In the ATL
    Yup, get cheap Roku sticks and the Xfinity Stream app on those to get any VOD you want from Comcast. Netflix, Prime, etc. all work great on Rokus.

Don't bother with Tivo for streaming anything.

4. morac

morac Cat God TCF Club

Mar 14, 2003
    NJ
    The Xfinity Stream app is also now on Fire TV Stick.

5. eaadams

eaadams Member

Apr 25, 2000
    Sacramento, CA

Advertisements

Yep a BUNCH are not working but it is regional so doesn't seem like we have a master list yet. There is a list in my thread over here: CSPAN - Comcast IP only X1

6. mattyro7878

mattyro7878 Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2014
    Southern CT
    I think the OP is asking if any change in Tivo equipment will get him access to IP only channels. He is concerned with "missing programming". In that regard , the only way to get all XFinity has to offer is to use their equipment or their crappy app. I like the app but scrolling is ridiculous. Yes, LAST CHANNELS WATCHED is a big help but...