Missing HD channels Comcast Danbury CT

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by jjd416, May 4, 2021.

1. jjd416

jjd416 Member

Nov 24, 2009

Advertisements

Recently, I've been losing HD channels. So far, I've noticed the following HD channels no longer come in:

1492 HGTV
    1451 SYFY
    1402 A&E
    1426 TV Land

I'm wondering if any other Comcast customers in the Danbury CT market are losing HD channels as well. I'd call Comcast, but felt like I was more likely to get an intelligent answer here instead.

Thanks!

2. PSU_Sudzi

PSU_Sudzi Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2015
    Philly suburbs
    Hit or miss if you find someone here from that area. But Comcast is shutting down channels in areas and moving to IP. Those are some of the more popular channels though so first time I’ve seen that, if true.

3. WVZR1

WVZR1 Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2008
    The WV...
    The only one I would have expected to be an issue is 1426 TV LAND. The other 3 in the WASH DC DMA are still QAM and on my TiVo. Did you maybe change your 'package' recently?

4. CommunityMember

CommunityMember Active Member

May 22, 2020
    The OP should go back to their bills for the last few (up to three/four) months and check the small print ("additional information" in about the 4th page) to see if there were any comments about "HD IP" and compatible equipment. If so, then the channels have been moved to IPTV.

I tend to suspect it is actually more likely there is a provisioning or signal problem. One can go into the TiVo diagnostics to check to see if all the channels are on the same physical frequency, and what the signal strength and SNR is.

PSU_Sudzi likes this.
  5. mattyro7878

mattyro7878 Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2014
    Southern CT

Advertisements

Yeah those channels are the meat and potatoes of cable lineups. I dont see them going IP. But we all face the scarlet conclusion that someday they will begin removing the FXs, AMCs, SYFYs and Hallmarks at which point our Tivos become irrelevant. (And the fact that we spend our time in a dream)

CommunityMember likes this.
  6. dishrich

dishrich Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2002
    Springfield, IL
    Except for TV Land, which Comcast only recently started carrying the HD feed on a majority of their systems, but in IP-only.
    The Chicagoland/downstate IL area systems was one such region where this just happened.
    But as pointed out, those others I find suspect of having actually been moved over to IP-only...but with many other things Comcast, sometimes you get (not so nice) surprises over time. Agree the OP should look back on recent bills for any info re: IP-only migrations.

7. jjd416

jjd416 Member

Nov 24, 2009
    Thanks for all of the replies. I knew the likely hood of anyone in my area having a TiVo, and responding to my inquiry was next to nonexistent.

Must have been a signal problem because all of those channels came back a few days later.