Missing guide data on one channel...new Roamio OTA install.

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by Intheswamp, Feb 1, 2019.

1. Feb 1, 2019 #1 of 10
    Intheswamp

Intheswamp South Alabama

Nov 14, 2017

Advertisements

I posted earlier about a successful Wi-Fi installation of a Roamio OTA for one of my daughters. The only hitch is that one channel, WDHN-DT which is an ABC affiliate and is located in Dothan, Alabama, doesn't have any guide information showing up. Data on other channels from the same area are showing up ok. Looking at an old TVFool screen capture (before it's database got wonky) it lists WDHN as being a 2-edge station, but even being stated as 2-edge the signal comes in strong. Should I be looking at Rovi/whatever or the station itself to try figuring this out?

I tried to setup a One-Pass for a program simply by using a certain time slot and hitting record but it didn't work. o_O Maybe I didn't do something right or maybe it simply isn't capable of setting up a OP in that fashion.

Feedback is appreciated!!!
    Thanks!!!
    Ed

2. Feb 1, 2019 #2 of 10
    JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Guide lineup or listings have nothing to do with your signals. TiVo has to fix the guide: Report a Lineup Issue

WDHN - Wikipedia

TiVo supplies the guide information for tv.com, so I checked it for zipcode 36302. The result was no OTA channels. Good luck. BTW, 2Edge or Tropo doesn't stop a lineup. My report: TV Fool

Last edited: Feb 1, 2019
  3. Feb 1, 2019 #3 of 10
    Intheswamp

Intheswamp South Alabama

Nov 14, 2017
    Ok, so I gotta deal with Tivo...oh joy, joy.

We're fortunate that my daughter has a good reception location. Channel 18/WDHN is just under 60 miles away according to TVFool. It comes in as well as the rest of the stations. I have a CS 2Max up about 12 feet and a 2-bay bowtie flush against a southern wall feeding into an old Channel Master 7777 preamp. It works. :)

Now to figure out how to get Tivo to take care of the guide data...<sigh>

4. Feb 1, 2019 #4 of 10
    JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
  5. Feb 1, 2019 #5 of 10
    Intheswamp

Intheswamp South Alabama

Nov 14, 2017

Advertisements

Well, I submitted the form stating a problem. The selections they offer aren't exactly the problem I have but I think I got the idea across to them...maybe.<sigh>

6. Feb 1, 2019 #6 of 10
    Intheswamp

Intheswamp South Alabama

Nov 14, 2017
    Question: If we know the time slot for a program should we be able to manually set the time and length to record. I want to say i tried doing this but it didn't work. ???

7. Feb 1, 2019 #7 of 10
    sharkster

sharkster Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    I hope they respond. My experiences lately with reporting has been virtually nil - either I never hear back and it doesn't get fixed, or I get a nearly immediate response that it's fixed but it's not. It's a shame, as they used to easily fix lineup issues quickly and efficiently.

Recently, they deleted the POP channel (both SD and HD) from my line-up, yet the channel still exists. Major PITA, as I have a Pass for 'Schitt's Creek'. I tried submitting again so I guess I'll see what happens.

8. Feb 1, 2019 #8 of 10
    Intheswamp

Intheswamp South Alabama

Nov 14, 2017
    Yeah, my daughter's favorite program is on ABC, but for now we can't set up a one-pass. I just received a "Case Acknowledgement Notice" and a case number a few minutes ago. For what that's worth...we'll see.

9. Feb 1, 2019 #9 of 10
    JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Manual recordings work. It's best to be on the channel, receiving the channel, then hitting the TiVo button. The channel number must be in your channel list.

BTW, I printout the case email. and write the problem on the printout. It helps if you get a survey six month from now and forget the problem. You can also check its status at TiVo.com - my support.

10. Intheswamp

Intheswamp South Alabama

Nov 14, 2017
    I should have already followed up on this. Within a week, as I recall, the issue was resolved. I'm not sure what happened. Whether it was just something that had to be worked out over time or if someone at Tivo "checked a button" or something. I received no communication from Tivo regarding this, but it's been working great since then.

Fast-forward to yesterday, April 6....2+ months later. I get an email from Tivo that, in part, stated:

"We are glad to inform you that your channel lineup request has been completed. Your TiVo will automatically receive the updated lineup within 24 hours."

Several hours later I receive an email from them asking me to complete a "satisfaction survey".

Hmmm, I wonder what this update is going to screw up...<sigh>:confused: