Missing Channels with TWC

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by qableteq, Feb 8, 2016.

1. Feb 8, 2016 #1 of 16
    qableteq

qableteq New Member

Feb 8, 2016

Advertisements

I am missing several channels from my TWC lineup after setting up the new TiVo Bolt. They are as follows,

15............................WGN America
    85..........................Jewelry TV
    100......................WTVW D2 Bounce TV
    25...........................Travel Channel
    26..........................E!
    46..........................CNN
    47...........................HLN
    49..........................MSNBC
    52...........................CMT
    53...........................VH1
    54..........................MTV
    55...........................BET
    57...........................Spike
    58..........................Comedy Central
    62...........................AMC
    64..........................TV Land
    66..........................Disney XD
    67..........................NICK
    68..........................Cartoon Network
    74...........................truTV

Any help with this issue would be much appreciated. I have an open support ticket with TiVo and I am logging one with TWC today. I have also reached out to reddit.com/r/tivo and /r/timewarnercable. Thanks.

2. Feb 8, 2016 #2 of 16
    JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    You might post your location (zipcode). Perhaps someone nearby can help better.

3. Feb 8, 2016 #3 of 16
    qableteq

qableteq New Member

Feb 8, 2016
    I updated my info.

4. Feb 8, 2016 #4 of 16
    TIVO_GUY_HERE

TIVO_GUY_HERE I miss the ocean

Jul 10, 2000
    Dallas Texas
    I had issue with missing channels when I set up my Bolt. I believe all it took, was the tuning adapter to get an update. I moved around my 3 adapters, and each TV was missing the channels with the one adapter. Think it was fixed next day or so.

How long has yours been hooked up?

5. Feb 8, 2016 #5 of 16
    qableteq

qableteq New Member

Feb 8, 2016

Advertisements

I have another cable card device, a Silicon Dust HDHomeRun Prime. It is also missing those channels. When previously troubleshooting the Prime with TWC, they stated that there was nothing that they could do. I was told that SDV was not used in my area. I went from a Ceton InfiniTV 6 PCIe card that had all the channels, to one day they were gone. The day the channels dissapeared was the day that I ordered the sports pass, 9/27/2015. A new channel lineup came out October 2015. I have been paying full price, and not getting 20 channels since then. Can anyone give me some insight on this issue? 3 cable card devices that don't work and I don't want to spend the $24.74 a month for the HD DVR box rental. Thanks in advance!

I forgot to add that info.

I do not have a tuning adapter. They were not available at my local store and I was not allowed to order one online. The Bolt has been on for 4 days now. The info below was a response I received in a TWC forum...

The problem with your situation is that TWC in the process of moving more and more channels to all digital formats, has also begun moving channels off of "Clear QAM." This means that you may need to rent a box to view them.

Thanks for all the help!

6. Feb 8, 2016 #6 of 16
    JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Are you trying to say you have HD but are missing the SD channels or that the HD package (including DVR) would be an extra $24.74?

7. Feb 8, 2016 #7 of 16
    qableteq

qableteq New Member

Feb 8, 2016
    I did not include the SD duplicates that are missing from my guide. I do not care about those. The channels I have listed that are missing do not have an HD alternative.

The Arris box TWC offers is $24.74 a month in rental fees. It is nice, but I don't lease my truck, I own it. I would prefer to replace my own broken equipment. I purchased my own modem and router to avoid the TWC rental and wifi charges.

8. Feb 8, 2016 #8 of 16
    JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Wow, I feel for you. That's pretty bad to not get HD for CNN and the others. I hope you can get this fixed.

Can I assume that you have checked the TiVo box Diagnostics near the end where the cable card has it's data? The VCT ID should be non-zero and the Channel List Received: should be Yes. That's about my extent of cable card knowledge.

9. Feb 8, 2016 #9 of 16
    qableteq

qableteq New Member

Feb 8, 2016
    I am brand new to TiVo. I can check those diagnostics in a few minutes. The suck part about CNN is that it comes through just fine on my TV when I just scan for channels. It is potato quality. When I have tested the Arris box, it comes through as HD quality on the same channel. How is that not SDV? Is it not possible that a tuning adapter is needed, they just don't know it? Every time I go to the local TWC store they have no idea about cable cards. Thanks.

10. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    I'm going to speculate on this. Any channel you receive comes through on a specific frequency. Perhaps, using your TV, you can find the frequency of CNN. Then you can find the frequency on the TiVo by using its diagnostics to see if they agree. If you're really curious you could map the frequency to channel number for everything. That's really boring. I know, on my feed that CNN HD shares its channel with Disney HD. My small cable company doesn't know how to spell SDV. In your location I also feel there's a good chance TWC bought your system and hasn't spent any money on upgrades.

I also question the quality of CNN SD since a digital channel is usually better than that. It makes me wonder if it is still analog. Just guessing. If it's a whole number channel on your TV's tuner then it's analog. Digital channels are never shown as NTSC and always have a decimal point unless a cable card is used.

11. qableteq

qableteq New Member

Feb 8, 2016
    VCT ID was 2 (non-zero) and Channel List Received was yes.

I am going to call TWC cable card support. Those diagnostics are full of info. Maybe that can be of some help. Thanks

12. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    No problem. Please check my post above. I'm slow at typing. I also was thinking. If those channels are still analog that would explain why your TiVo can't receive them.

13. SomeRandomIdiot

SomeRandomIdiot New Member

Jan 7, 2016
    You are saying that TWC does not have HD versions of CNN, MSNBC, Comedy Central etc?

14. CoxInPHX

CoxInPHX COX Communications

Jan 14, 2011
    Phoenix, AZ
  15. dlfl

dlfl Cranky old novice

Jul 6, 2006
    Dayton OH
    Call TWC national CableCARD support desk:
    866-532-2598
    They are quite capable on CableCARD and Tuning Adapter issues compared to most local TWC support and, for most TWC regions, they can reach right into your account to fix things.

16. SomeRandomIdiot

SomeRandomIdiot New Member

Jan 7, 2016