Missing Channels with TiVo HD

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by jksolheim, Aug 17, 2007.

1. jksolheim

jksolheim New Member

Jul 11, 2004
    Yesterday I realized I had lost channels between 120 and 200 on both my new TiVo HD. I also have the pixalization problem on both units as well. I live in Phoenix and have Cox as my cable provider. Anyone have any idea what happened with channels 120 to 200? When I check the signal strength I get a very good signal on the missing channels, but no picture. I have no problems with other channels besides the pixalization issue. Any help would be great.

2. avmike

avmike Member

Jun 11, 2007
    Go into the cablecard menu on both cards to see if you lost the channels on both cards. You may have to have your cable company "hit" your cards again to enable the channels. The same thing happened to me...

3. rainwater

rainwater Active Member

Sep 21, 2004
    What does the conditional access screen say for your cards? Do they both say SUBSCRIBED?

4. jksolheim

jksolheim New Member

Jul 11, 2004
    I had the cable company hit the cards this morning and it didn't change anything.

How do you get the the conditional access screen?

Thanks

5. Dr_Diablo

Dr_Diablo Dr_Diablo

Nov 23, 2003
    Midwest

I also was losing channels during the first week of use...

For some reason when I switched from the TV Live Guide menu to Grid Guide over two thirds of the channels "grayed"
    out...

A restart resolved the issue, yet noone has explained why this is happening...

I have to ask have you "checked" your available channels, under the channel list, in Settings, as well?

6. bkdtv

bkdtv New Member

Jan 9, 2003
    DC Metro Area
    Ask Cox to "hit" (re-initialize) your CableCards.

7. TechBlaster

TechBlaster New Member

Aug 12, 2007
    I've got Comcast & had a similar issue. Got a lot of channels but Stars & the 200 block wouldn't come thru. Either got a blank screen or the cablecard screen (with the card # info). It turned out that when Comcast entered the card #'s into their system they put the dases (-) in the wrong spot !!! Gues their software doesn't parse strings too well :). After they re-entered the data all channels came in without issues. Took a 2nd visit from Comcast though. 3 Days total to get the TivoHD & both cabecards working.

8. normychas

normychas Member

May 10, 2007
    I just got this very same issue on my system this morning. I am still under the 30 day period where I could return the unit so I am curious how often is this happening to you guys. My channels 100-200's were grayed out and I couldnt get a lot of the standard def channels as well even though I could on my other tv that just has the cable plugged directly into the tv. I want to know if im gonna have to be restarting this thing every morning. I got tivo to avoid the hassle of an htpc restart let me know what your experiences are and anything you have done to fix it. FYI i have a comcast multi card cable card that has been working great with no pixelation.

9. bkdtv

bkdtv New Member

Jan 9, 2003
    DC Metro Area
    What does the Tivo diagnostics screen say under Settings -> Remote & CableCard Devices -> CableCard Decoders -> Configure CableCard X -> CableCard Menu -> Conditional Access. Check that for each CableCard. For each CableCard, it should say Connected: yes, EnabledByCP: yes and Auth: Subscribed.

If it doesn't say all of that, then it means your card is not authorized and you need to call your cable provider and have them to 'rehit' the card.

10. W Auggie H

W Auggie H Tivo Enthusiast

Oct 11, 2001
    Atlanta,...
    I am also getting this issue on at least one of my CableCards in my new TiVo HD. My CableCards have only been installed for about a week. In fact, just now I was looking at my TiVo HD and it was recording 2 show on 2 different channels. When I went to look at what it was recording. One of the tuners was recording "NewsRadio" just fine on 807 (Local HD TBS ATL) and the other tuner was trying to record a kid show on NICK (33) and all I saw was a gray screen. I stopped the recording and checked the other channels and sure enough I can't seem to get anything that is in the 31-800 range. All I am getting is basic cable. But my other tuner is just fine?

So is this an issue with TiVo or the Comcast? I will check my cards to see if it shows that I am subscribed.

11. W Auggie H

W Auggie H Tivo Enthusiast

Oct 11, 2001
    Atlanta,...
    Is this specific to a channel or channel package? Right now one of my cards gets all the channels in my package and one of my tuners does not. It only gets basic cable but the card does work.

12. cr33p

cr33p New Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Ann Arbor MI
    I am having troubles recieving all the channels my lineup from Comcast in Southern MI tells me I am supposed to be recieving,I get Discovery HD theatre and all my HD locals, I get tnt hd and espn hd but no audio, but I am still missing about another 10 channels or so I.E HGTVHD and NGHDTV. I called Comcast tonight and they re hit my card, it didnt do anything, when I go in to my cable card's "Being an M card" conditional access screen I dont even see the Connected: Yes, or EnabledByCP: yes and Auth: Subscribed, they arent even there at all, shouldnt it say like Auth: Not subscribed? Why do I not see these in the list at all??? Is this my problem? The people at Comcast are idiots.

13. Twiddler

Twiddler New Member

Jul 22, 2007
    I'm having he same issue with Time Warner...CableCard1 works great and gets all the channels and CableCard2 is missing a few new ones. It took me a while to figure out what was going on since sometimes my season passes would tape and sometimes they would be grey. I called TW to hit the box again but it didn't help so they are sending a technician out friday. I hope they can solve the problem.