Missing Apps Mini Vox

Discussion in 'TiVo Mini' started by fjbeiderbecke, Nov 13, 2018.

1. fjbeiderbecke

fjbeiderbecke New Member

Feb 4, 2015

Advertisements

I just set up a mini Vox and no apps are showing. I was able to add the ones I use to the menu but that makes the menu too long. In addition, the Bolt+ the mini is linked to has lost the apps as well. Both display a gray screen with a white bar across when I go to apps. I poked around but can't seem to find a way to restore the apps.

thanks,
    Fred

2. rfryar

rfryar My Media, My Way

Feb 15, 2008
    Cottage...
    Same thing for me. The Apps screen just has a spinning circle. Any short cuts I add to the home screen give various Vxxx errors. The netflix button on the remote also gives an Vxxx error. This Mini VOX just replaced an older mini.

Live TV works fine. No network errors in the network status screens.

Tried several network connects and reboots with no success.

3. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    I'm just going to do some speculation. My TE4 Roamio spends a lot of time in Standby. When I hit the TiVo button, I find, (recently) that the APPS position on the main menu bar has nothing under it. If I hit OK, I usually get an error (dim) in the right corner indication a network error (no number). But I'll move left and also see that other items are grayed out. My fix: I just wait a while. After a minute everything seems ok again, including the apps. Something is broken or very slow to wake up.

4. rfryar

rfryar My Media, My Way

Feb 15, 2008
    Cottage...
    Does not work in this case. I have left the apps selection up for several hours, clicked again, tried after watching TV for many hours. Will probably do a clear and reconfig the box in the next day or so

5. rfryar

rfryar My Media, My Way

Feb 15, 2008
    Cottage...

Advertisements

well good and bad news. Good news is that all of a sudden all the apps show up.

The bad news.. The mini says it can not find the host. Which is strange as the host is the mocha host and the mini's internet is working fine. All the apps work on internet. All my other minis can see all my hosts fine even over the same mocha.

Restarting the mini does nothing to fix this. I am about ready to throw the mini vox in the garbage, this is the worst tivo experience I have had yet so far.

Will try forcing a network reconnect on the host followed by one more reboot and finally a clear and delete (again!)

6. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    If it make you feel better, I get a blank screen when I select What To Watch.

7. rfryar

rfryar My Media, My Way

Feb 15, 2008
    Cottage...
    Finally found out the issue... I reached the max devices with Tivo and went over by one. I guess the undocumented max is 12 devices. Once you pass 12 then some devices will decide they are not authorized anymore when they network connect.

I had to call Tivo and remove a device from my account. Luckily I had one device that was old and not used to remove.