Missed Recordings

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by Royster, Aug 29, 2007.

1. Royster

Royster Beardy

May 24, 2002
    Long Island, NY
    I could not believe it when I saw that Eureks did not record on mt S3 yesterday. I checked the history and saw that the 9pm showing of Eureka did not record because "the video signal was unavailable". Well, that should be OK, there's a late night repeat. But the midnight showing also did not record because "there was the same episode in the Now Playing List or To Do List within 28 days of this broadcast."

WTF?!?

Yeah, it was on the To Do List, but it didn't record!

This is really unacceptable.

2. jbernardis

jbernardis Active Member

Oct 21, 2003
    Princeton NJ
    I had Jeopardy not record on my S3 last night because "Someone in your household modified the season pass". I haven't seen that one since I cancelled DTV. Jeopardy has also been removed from the TD list for the next week and a half, most likely for the same reason.

I am actually not too worried about this yet - these are all repeats and should not have been recorded in the first place as per my Season Pass; I'm assuming that the guide information was is error (and that's why it was recording) and has now been corrected. I'll see how it goes over the next few weeks.

3. hybucket

hybucket Member

Nov 26, 2004
    I just posted similar problems on another thread. I have an HR 10 and have been getting SP all screwed up. Sometimes it will record all programs designated First Run Only, and it has changed some of my settings to All Programs. Very strange.
    I would have also missed EUREKA if I had not checked. It did the same last week with DAMAGES.

4. Slime

Slime New Member

Apr 6, 2003
    Mine also screwed up the 9pm showing of Eureka -- no reason given; it wasnt in the History...

I should have realized something was up; I was going to watch it while it was being recorded -- but when I hit play, the machine wouldnt actually play the recording -- it just stuck on the 1st frame -- I stupidly went on to do something else, and it wasnt until the morning I remembered and checked it. Sure enough, no recording and the same thing with the midnight show -- this has already been recorded, so I wont bother -- message...

5. hybucket

hybucket Member

Nov 26, 2004
    I would think that if a lot of EUREKA recordings were missed, it must be a guide problem yet again.

6. astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Raconteur TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston/Bren...
    Ditto. Jeopardy is prolly my oldest SP, and I have never changed it from Day One. Yet I noticed the next week & a half no longer set to record, when they once were.

As you note, this is probably accurate, as they are repeats, but why after years, has it suddenly decided to work correctly? :confused:

7. bkdtv

bkdtv New Member

Jan 9, 2003
    DC Metro Area
    Eureka (set to first-run only) recorded fine Tuesday on my TivoHD.

8. Slime

Slime New Member

Apr 6, 2003
    Worked out my problem...

The fine folks @ Comcast in the Remdond office 'deleted' my 2nd Cable Card when I called in to figure out why I couldnt get the NFL network (they moved it to a new bundle) -- so while adding the Sport pacakge, I lost a CC -- so if Tivo tried to record anything on the 2nd card, it just recorded black, and then deleted it when it was done -- no error messages -- that seems an oversight.

Anyway, the fine comcast tech fixed it for me... now to find all those shows I've missed...

9. Royster

Royster Beardy

May 24, 2002
    Long Island, NY
    That's an interesting observation. I was dealing with CableCard issues with Cablevision last week.

I called TiVo support to report this obvious error. The Customer Support drone tried to explain how the error wasn't an error. I said I just wanted to report what happened so that the engineers could be aware of it and fix it in a future release.

There was a two to three hour window during which the TiVo could realize that something unusual happened (a program wasn't recorded because of a faulty video signal) and take an appropriate action (schedule the 12am showing for recording).