Missed last 5 Capricas because they showed REPEATS!!!

Discussion in 'Season Pass Alerts' started by jbinner, Jan 4, 2011.

1. Jan 4, 2011 #1 of 23
    jbinner

jbinner New Member

Mar 24, 2005

Advertisements

Lovely, how nice Tivo! I was watching V, thinking Caprica was repeats. I didn't notice the titles till too late. I MISSED THE LAST 5 RECORDINGS BECAUSE TIVO REPORTED THEM ALL AS REPEATS! :(

THANKS ALOT!

2. Jan 4, 2011 #2 of 23
    dylking

dylking I've never farded

Jul 20, 2003
    St Paul, MN
  3. Jan 5, 2011 #3 of 23
    gastrof

gastrof Hubcaps r in fashion

Oct 31, 2003
    Potato and pen.
    Drat.

I got so hung up on the fact V was restarting tonight and I'd have to set up to record both it AND "No Ordinary Family" I completely forgot about Caprica. I haven't been saving them, but wanted to see the last ones.

And there's no repeats scheduled... :rolleyes:

4. Jan 5, 2011 #4 of 23
    deandashl

deandashl New Member

Aug 8, 2008
    TiVo recorded the last 3 for me.

This probably is not TiVo's fault. It's the guide people.

They must've fixed the "repeat" issue just in time for the last 3.

5. Jan 5, 2011 #5 of 23
    Grey Griffin

Grey Griffin Member

May 24, 2007
    Tulsa, OK

Advertisements

The DVDs with these episodes have been available since December 21.

It looks like they already aired on Canada's Space channel in November. My guide data shows the OAD as yesterday but as deandsahl said, they may not have added that until the last second.

6. Jan 5, 2011 #6 of 23
    Schmye Bubbula

Schmye Bubbula Member

Oct 14, 2004
    I don't understand why there's such disparity among people's TiVo Season Passes. All five episodes of Caprica were duly flagged in my To Do list without any intervention by me, despite my TiVo info erroneously listing them as having first-run a couple of months ago. How can everybody's guide data — all coming from the same mother ship — give such different results for different users?

7. Jan 5, 2011 #7 of 23
    cwoody222

cwoody222 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 1999
    Buffalo, NY
    Was your season pass set to record first-run only?

My TiVo was NOT set to record these episodes until I changed it to "all episodes" from "first run".

8. Jan 5, 2011 #8 of 23
    gothaggis

gothaggis Member

Mar 3, 2010
    SyFy tweeted all week long that the Caprica episodes were showing up as repeats for many people....wonder why that was. I watched them before they aired so I wasn't that upset that my tivo didn't record.

Caprica could have been such a great show - too bad it had bad writers. They just had way too many storylines going on - should have focused more on the cylons than the boring 'dirteater' storyline and convoluted religious stuff (although I understand they had to focus on that somewhat to sync up with the cylons in BSG) - you can never go wrong with robots.

9. Jan 5, 2011 #9 of 23
    Schmye Bubbula

Schmye Bubbula Member

Oct 14, 2004
    I see your point: Yes, mine was set to "Repeats & first-run." (But my point was, weren't some of the complaints that their Season Pass didn't pick these five up in any event?)

10. jimp

jimp Member

Jan 1, 2005
    BFE, Indiana
    Siffy has them up on the site, handy for those that missed it due to the guide data mix up:
    http://www.syfy.com/rewind/caprica/
    (I don't watch Caprica, but saw this reported elsewhere and figured I'd pass it long)

11. Playloud

Playloud Member

Jan 6, 2008
    I missed the first few. Something very strange though...

Last night, when I noticed I was missing them, I checked the original air dates, to make sure they were actually new episodes. They all showed late 2010 original air dates (probably when they were supposed to air had the show not been canceled). However, looking at the recordings I did get (manually recorded after I noticed the error), they are now showing the correct 1/4/11 original air date.

12. ZeoTiVo

ZeoTiVo I can't explain

Jan 2, 2004
    actually I was digging on the convoluted religious stuff - really cool way to explain how the cylons got their perspective on the universe.

I think it was bad marketing - SyFy just keeps thinking that as long as they advertise on their own channel then people will know. It is a truly self defeating way to boost audience :rolleyes:

13. AlphaDelta

AlphaDelta Member

Jan 9, 2007
    Ann Arbor, MI
    SP missed them here as well. Guess I'll wait for the DVDs.

14. JimboG

JimboG New Member

May 27, 2007
    San Diego, CA
    The real secret to boosting the audience is to do away with a genre-limiting channel name like "SciFi" and re-name the network Siffie and add pro wrestling.:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

But hey, I'm sure things will improve once Comcast takes over. Just look at all their great original programming, like E! and G4 and Style.:rolleyes:

15. sieglinde

sieglinde Active Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    I knew they were coming so I checked their existance, set an SP and noticed some conflicts and made sure I got the Caprica episodes by just forcing a recording (yellow checkmark). I don't think I missed anything because I was watching an East Coast feed not a West Coast Feed so they didn't interfer with V or Ordinary People. Having 2 tuners helped also. I have had to Netflix all kinds of stuff like this in the past though.

16. dublatte

dublatte Tivoholic

Feb 22, 2008
    Just north...
    I have 2 tivos... a Premiere and a TivoHD... lots of space on both. Both had season passes for Caprica set to keep all episodes (no limit), first-runs only, keep until I delete. TivoHD got the last 4 out of 5. Premeire got none of them.

TivoHD info for the episodes show them as shows from 2011. Premiere shows them as 2010. Different program info for each Tivo?

Oh yeah... and now SyFy has a copyright on their programs... so can't move the episodes to the Premiere.

17. cwerdna

cwerdna Proud Tivolutionary

Feb 22, 2001
    SF Bay Area, CA
    It might be the doing of your cable provider. Verizon FiOS had ALL channels (including SyFy) unprotected until a month before my area was to be transitioned over to Frontier (another company). :( That's a whole other story.

18. mrdbdigital

mrdbdigital The TBS Archives TCF Club

Feb 2, 2004
    Moultrie, GA
    My season pass is set to first run only and it recorded all the episodes. It is an old series 1 DirecTV tivo dvr.

19. dleithaus

dleithaus DanL

Oct 29, 2005
    Grand...
    Ya think? Repeated letters to SyFy asking how wrestling fits into a SyFy categorization that usually includes science fiction, fantasy, and horror remain unanswered since that silliness started. It is not only the marketing folks, but also the top program directors making these poor decisions.

20. Johncv

Johncv Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2002
    Chula Vista, CA
    You can use Vuze and download them.