Miracle Workers (TBS) Season 1 Thread (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Peter000, Feb 13, 2019.

1. Peter000

Peter000 Well-Known Member TCF Club

Apr 15, 2002
    Red Wing, MN
    I just happened to run into this series premiere last night, and I had no idea it existed. Daniel Radcliffe plays an angel in the Prayer Fulfillment department in God's "company." He and his partner/coworker are trying to stop God from destroying the world because God doesn't like what it's become. Steve Buscemi plays a very eccentric God who makes a bet with Radcliffe that if he can fulfill an "impossible" prayer within 2 weeks God will forstall the destruction of Earth.

It's a pretty interesting and weird take on God and the world beyond, but I'm not sure how I feel about it. I'll stick with it for a few eps at least. The most obvious comparison is to "The Good Place" but it's nothing like that, and not as funny (or smart). But if you like offbeat, irreverent humor and situations this is worth a look.

2. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Yeah, I'm not sure about this (yet). It's impossible NOT to think of The Good Place, which is superior in literally every way. But I'm hoping it develops a life of its own.

3. stile99

stile99 Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2002
    It's like The Good Place and The Office had a baby.

tim1724 likes this.
  4. Tony_T

Tony_T Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2017
    Didn't watch yet, but should be better with Steve Buscemi then the original choice of Owen Wilson. Only 7 ep, so I'll probably stick it out to the end (due to Buscemi as god).

5. astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Raconteur TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston/Bren...
    It was okay. Some cute moments, funny scenes. Potential. Needs really sharp writing to keep from being something that wears out its welcome quickly.

I'll give it another one or two, see how it goes.

6. ufo4sale

ufo4sale Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Somerset NJ...
    You know I'm game. :)