MiniVox remotes on ebay?

Discussion in 'TiVo Mini' started by dougdingle, Aug 17, 2020.

1. dougdingle

dougdingle HD Tech

Jul 4, 2007
    West Coast

Advertisements

There are a bunch of MiniVox voice remotes on ebay that are from cable systems.

I can see the "SKIP" button has been replaced with the "ON DEMAND" button.

Anyone using one of these on a non-cableco branded MiniVox?

Can you still skip with PgUp?

Everything else work OK?

I'm still on TE3, so I know I won't have voice control. I'm just interested in having RF pairing with my MiniVox.

2. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    I don't have knowledge of anyone using a VOX remote in RF mode with a A95 Mini with TE3. I could not make it work.

3. dougdingle

dougdingle HD Tech

Jul 4, 2007
    West Coast
    I don't understand. In this thread: Mini VOX, TE3, and RF Remote fails

your reply to PSU_Sudzi (who said "I am able to pair my mini Vox with its mini Vox remote on TE3.") was "I agree and I posted that in post 1".

Since every TiVo remote works with everything in IR mode, I can only take "I am able to pair" to mean in RF mode.

Now I'm confused. How can it pair and not pair in RF mode simultaneously? Is this Schroedinger's Remote? :(

4. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    I don't call using IR mode "pairing" anymore since it's a one-way communication. Also, my understanding of BLE vs. RF has changed after two years.

I'm using my VOX remote with a Mini VOX on TE4 now. I no longer wish to pursue the matter because there is a TE3 A93 Mini next to it and testing will require turning off a lot of stuff.

I speculate that different hardware is used with Series 6 and TE3 doesn't support all the functions needed for a VOX remote when the A95 Mini is running TE3. But I'm guessing.

krkaufman likes this.
  5. dougdingle

dougdingle HD Tech

Jul 4, 2007
    West Coast

Advertisements

Well, now you do. I got a brand new Vox remote off ebay, and it paired with my MiniVox on TE3 in RF mode as soon as I put the batteries into it.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2020
    JoeKustra likes this.