Mini Vox "What to watch" not working

Discussion in 'TiVo Mini' started by Russ E, Sep 21, 2020.

1. Russ E

Russ E New Member

Sep 21, 2020

Advertisements

I have a Bolt and two Mini Vox's, all about six months old. A couple of days ago, my bedroom mini all of a sudden stopped showing the suggested programs bar across the bottom of the Home page, replaced by a big spinning blue circle, and when I press "What to watch," it says "what to watch not currently available." The network is working fine because I get good tv connection with the bolt, access recorded shows easily, access Netflix/Prime easily, do network updates etc easily. My TV, on the same network switch, also gets perfect connectivity. My Bolt and other mini work perfectly.

I've tried:
    -restarting the mini.
    -power cycling the mini.
    -restarting and power cycling the Bolt
    -power cycling the router
    -force updating both the mini and the Bolt.
    -calling support, technician was clueless and took me through the same steps. Said he'd escalate and they'd call me back - ya, right.

I was looking for a way to completely revert the mini to factory (not sure if the reset option does it completely), like the old pinhole button on old devices. Don't see that option. Before I go more drastic like that, any more ideas? BTW, I saw somewhere online that a software update was shot out on 9/18, possibly about when this started. Anyone else experiencing this?

Thanks,
    Russ

2. Maknoll#

Maknoll# New Member

Sep 25, 2020
    Same here. Started the same time...following thread.

3. Russ E

Russ E New Member

Sep 21, 2020
    After spending an hour on the phone with support, they determined it was a problem with the box. I had it six months, out of warranty, they replaced it for $19.I think it was probably messed up by a recent software update.

4. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    You can get close to a complete reset with a Clear & Delete Everything. It part of the Reset to Defaults menu.

I get that BSC when I take my Mini VOX out of Standby with the TiVo key. If I use the Live TV button it shows the Suggestion Bar after the channels displays and then I hit the TiVo button.

5. Russ E

Russ E New Member

Sep 21, 2020

Advertisements

Did the complete reset with tech support. Did not fix the problem.

6. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Just checked. No issues with WTW or any thumbnails. "A" option set to "Home". Host is Roamio, both with current software.