Mini Vox Choppy Audio

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by CLR37, Nov 21, 2018.

1. CLR37

CLR37 New Member

Nov 21, 2018
    I have a Mini Vox connected via MoCA to a Premier 4. Occasionally (once a month(ish)) the audio on the TV attached to the Mini will become choppy for no apparent reason. The video will still be smooth but Live TV and any recordings I play have the same choppy audio issue. I can watch Live TV or recordings on the premier at the same time with no problem. I've tried rebooting both boxes and it doesn't fix it. Also changing the channel does nothing. Every channel and recording has this problem. Eventually it works itself out and the audio becomes smooth again. I can change the audio output on the Vox from Dolby to PCM and it helps, but you can still tell there is a stutter. Has anyone else had an issue like this?

2. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    I would start with a whole network devices poweroff, then power each device back on one at a time, until its fully powered up, beginning with the modem/gateway, router and ending with Tivos, PCs, etc.

3. mjthor1

mjthor1 Member

May 31, 2006
    Arizona
    Wondering if you came up with a solution for this. I am running into the same exact issue.