MINI VOX cannot play recorded shows...

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by dishrich, Feb 5, 2021.

1. dishrich

dishrich Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2002
    Springfield, IL

Advertisements

but it does EVERYTHING else, including pause live TV from any host DVR! :eek:
    It allows me to select any DVR for the host, but when I attempt to play a recorded show from any, the "PLAY" option is actually the only function missing from the list of options. If I go under MY SHOWS & attempt to switch to another DEVICE, it shows all the other DVR's, but instead of the DVR icon, they all show a "slash-circle" icon instead.

Bought this off ebay & Tivo moved it to my account with no problem. I'm on TE3 & the MINI VOX did auto-downgrade to TE3, as I knew it would. I did (& have redone) guided setup & rebooted all DVR's, which include a Roamio Pro & 3 Roamios. I did exceed more than 12 total devices & got Tivo to completely remove a Mini I didn't have, that was DOA when I bought it over 3 years ago - so I am down to 12 total, including a non-connected stream I have for future use. (I verified this myself on my Tivo online account) Of course all are on the same, wired ethernet network inside my home...not trying doing anything "funky" outside the house.

This is crazy & I've NEVER seen anything like this before when adding another MINI...help please!!! :eek:

2. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    Have all units connected to Tivo service? Do them now. You may need to reboot them also.

3. dishrich

Jan 16, 2002
    Springfield, IL
    Did all that (again)...but no dice. When I'm in my NP list, instead of clicking on a show, I also try to hit PLAY, & it goes to a V125 error.
    I also enabled "remote network control" on the Mini, to no avail...does it take some time for those (over-the-limit) devices I removed, to "drop off" on Tivo's end? (even though they show removed on my online account)
    Little more background...I'm using a couple switches for all my Tivo's out of my router, but I even moved this Mini VOX on the SAME switch as the Tivo Pro, which obviously has the stream box built in...again to no avail.

4. dishrich

Jan 16, 2002
    Springfield, IL
    An update...I called Tivo support & after giving a bunch of info, the CSR did some checking on their end, & says this Mini Vox is missing a piece of "group info, that is part of multi-room service". (anyone heard of this & what exactly it is?) She said it would take between 2-3 business days(!) to get this info added & after which, should fix my problem.
    Also I queried her on the 12-device limit & if INACTIVE devices DO count toward the 12-divice limit...she says it DOES. (I have 12 active & the inactive stream) She said for me to wait until the MiniVox gets the missing info fixed on their end, & if that doesn't solve the issue, we can then deal with my 1-over device.

5. dianebrat

dianebrat wait.. I did what? TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish

Advertisements

Tivo server side changes have frequently been 72 hours, especially since they only appear to be done on business days, I'd assume it's a manual DB modification.

6. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Just as a test, in System Information, check the TiVoToGo item. It should be a,a,a,a for a host and i,a,a,a for a Mini.

7. dishrich

Jan 16, 2002
    Springfield, IL
    Same here on all 4 host DVR's
    On the MiniVox, mine says i,i,a,i
    But on both a 1st & 2nd Gen Mini, both say i,a,i,a & have worked flawlessly across all my (host) Tivos since I got them...interesting
    I'll look & see what happens on the MiniVox once it starts working & see if/what this changes.

8. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    The second pair of letters no longer function. They were control by the second pair pair of check marks in devices preferences and are from when a TiVo could download programs from Amazon.

9. dishrich

Jan 16, 2002
    Springfield, IL
    Good news, whatever Tivo did on their end fixed this today...it now functions perfectly & plays shows from all my Tivo hosts! :D
    And something else I do like about this new Mini...the SPS code to make the pause bar quickly disappear also works. (I've never been able to get this to work on ANY of my older Mini's :( )
    It is now showing i,i,a,a (it was showing i,i,a,i)