Mini Vox A95 will not pair Lux remote in TE3

Discussion in 'TiVo Mini' started by lhvetinari, Jan 6, 2020.

1. lhvetinari

lhvetinari Si non confectus, non reficiat TCF Club

Jun 24, 2019
    Chicago
    Hi,

Downgraded my father's Tivos to TE3 on his request yesterday. The Bolt kept it's Lux remote paired, but the Mini lost it's pairing.

I can't seem to get the Mini to re-pair, no matter what I do. Tried Tivo+Back, tried a global reset, unplugged the Mini and plugged it back in.

The Mini sits at the pairing instruction screen, the remote will flash orange for about 1 minute on and off before it just stops and goes back to IR mode. Pressing a button initiates the pairing orange flash again, to no avail.

Any advice/tips?

Take care,
    Al.

2. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
  3. lhvetinari

lhvetinari Si non confectus, non reficiat TCF Club

Jun 24, 2019
    Chicago
    That confuses me a bit, since your post indicates "When using a Mini VOX in TE3 with a VOX remote and a TE3 host will pair in non-IR mode."

I am using a Vox (well, a Lux) remote with my Mini VOX in TE3 connected to a TE3 host.

4. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    To use a VOX remote with a Roamio running TE4 requires a dongle. The VOX remote uses BLE. Now you are more confused, right?

Simply, the Mini VOX needs TE4 software to work with a VOX remote. It doesn't have the ability with TE3 software to work with a VOX remote in RF (BLE) mode.