Mini to Bolt has become a pain..

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by John G Campbell, Dec 7, 2019.

1. John G Campbell

John G Campbell New Member

Aug 3, 2018
    Every day I have to reboot the mini as it loses the Bolt (using wired ethernet). Started after what I believe is a recent update because when watching recorded shows, TIVO now wants to give me a commercial before the show, which pisses me off.

Everything is slower than it was and it started when the TIVO plus crap and networks showed up.

Is it possible to go back in time? These TIVO plus networks don't even have a channel guide and cause the mini to freeze if tuned to. Load of crap I don't want.

2. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    Tivo+ is only on v21.+/Hydra/TE4. You could go to v20.7.+/TE3, but you will lose all the shows currently on it, and the VOX feature.

3. schatham

schatham Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2007
  4. Mikeguy

Mikeguy Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2005
    To save your shows, transfer them to your PC first and then back to your TiVo box after (pyTivo Desktop is good for this); while it takes significant time, your TiVo box and PC are doing the heavy lifting. (Note: only works with non-copy-protected shows.)

5. John G Campbell

John G Campbell New Member

Aug 3, 2018
    Thanks guys. Will attempt the rollback.

6. Mikeguy

Mikeguy Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2005
    Note that you also can save and later restore your season passes, thumbs up/down, and channel list, using kmttg.

kpeters59 likes this.