Mini Setup - Any V70 Solutions?

Discussion in 'TiVo Mini' started by supersnoop, Jan 21, 2015.

1. supersnoop

supersnoop Member

Nov 13, 2007

Advertisements

I'm sorry folks, but I'm going crazy here.

I have a Roamio Pro and two Minis set up and running just fine. I'm trying to add another Mini. I feel like I've tried everything and nothing works. TiVo even sent out a replacement Mini and I continue to get the same V70 error during setup.

I've plugged in the Mini where other Minis work. I've rewired so only the one Mini and the Roamio are actually connected to the router. I've disconnected all other network equipment in the house. I've verifed that the MAK has been saved to the Mini by connecting to the web interface now playing list (login tivo/[mak]), I've rebooted everything and connected to the TiVo service multiple times.

After two hours on the phone with TiVo support, we tried using MoCA. When the Mini ran through guided setup, it was able to connect to the TiVo service via MoCA, which runs through the Roamio, but STILL claimed it couldn't find a DVR.

Either I'm missing something really simple, or I got two bad Minis in a row. Please tell me what I'm missing.

2. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    Force a call on the TiVo itself. Wait for it to be completely done. Then pull the plug on the TiVo and allow it to reboot. Do the same for the Mini. Once that's done they'll likely work fine.

3. ellinj

ellinj Seems Very Friendly TCF Club

Feb 26, 2002
    NoVa
    I have been in the same boat for over week, my mini will not connect, I get the v70 error on both ethernet and MoCa,, very frustrating. Tivo support offered up no solutions other then that they would escalate internally.

4. Dan203

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    v70 an authorization issue. First off check your tivo.com account and make sure both devices are listed. If they are then force a couple of calls on the TiVo and then reboot it. For the Mini connect it via Ethernet to a port that you know can access the internet then run setup again.

5. ellinj

Feb 26, 2002
    NoVa

Advertisements

Tivo is now saying its a software issue. I have a family members DVR on my account that is on comcast. (My Roamio is on Cox) and it seems that the Mini ended up downloading the software for comcast which won't work with the Roamio when a Cox Cable card is installed. I don't know if the software is actually different for different cable cards or if its a Scientific Atlanta vs Motorola issue, but they moved the two Cox boxes to a new account and am now waiting the 24-72hrs for the mini to be provisioned with the correct software.

6. supersnoop

supersnoop Member

Nov 13, 2007
    The Mini connects and downloads some information during the guided setup, and I can connect to it through a web browser using the MAK as the password, so I know it's authorized on the account and can reach the internet. I've plugged the Mini into the same switch as the Roamio, and even rewired so the two of them were alone on the entire network connected directly to my router. I've forced connections and rebooted the Roamio many times.

I agree this seems like an authorization issue rather than a connection issue, but nobody seems to be able to figure out why. Everything is set and and properly configured on the account.

7. Dan203

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    That is really strange. I think there is a really long thread on this forum, or maybe the Roamio one, where another user had the same problem. I think it ultimately got solved, but I don't remember how. You should search for it maybe it'll provide some insight

8. Dan203

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    krkaufman likes this.
  9. ellinj

Feb 26, 2002
    NoVa
  10. ellinj

Feb 26, 2002
    NoVa
    and it lives, finally got a sw update and was able to complete guided setup.

11. susandennis

susandennis Member

Dec 10, 2001
    Seattle, WA USA
    What magic did you apply to go from 'still not updated' to 'and it lives?'

I'm trying to replace a rarely used Premiere with the Mini. But the Mini doesn't believe I have a Roamio. (The Roamio and the Premiere were great friends over the same MoCA network so I know it works.)

I've rebooted everything in the house except the cat a gazillion times, I've had the Roamio call home multiple times. The Mini connects and calls home and does great until it looks for the Roamio and then V70. No joy via ethernet or MoCA. Both boxes have valid IPs on my network.

I've changed names of both the Roamio and the Mini. I've checked every item on the troubleshooting checklist. TiVo.Com has the correct box serial number.

What magic am I missing?

12. h2oskierc

h2oskierc I'm a 2-Tuner

Dec 16, 2010
    Minnesnowta
    It took about 24 hours after I activated my mini before it would connect to my Roamio. How long have you had the mini?

13. susandennis

susandennis Member

Dec 10, 2001
    Seattle, WA USA
    Shoot! No matter how many times I check and recheck and think I have included every piece of pertinent info, I miss a biggie!

I bought it directly from TiVo so it came auto-activated. I first tried (and failed) to hook it up about 24 hours ago. So,yes, it could be that I just haven't waited long enough.

AND the message says that it needs to find the TiVo for watching things live TV and Xfinity on Demand. I do NOT have Comcast. I have Wave Broadband cable service.

14. ellinj

Feb 26, 2002
    NoVa
    This is likely the problem, your mini has a comcast software load on it. In my case it happened because one of the Tivos on my account is used at another house and is on Comcast, but the house with the mini i was trying to connect is on Cox. I had to separate the Tivos onto different accounts and it now works.

Is any Tivo on your account on Comcast? This is likely something you will need to call support and sort out. Before they make you troubleshoot be sure and point out that the mini thinks its on Comcast.

15. susandennis

susandennis Member

Dec 10, 2001
    Seattle, WA USA
    Interesting. Nothing in my house is connected to Comcast. The Roamio and the hopefully soon to be retired Premier are both on Wave Broadband. There is no Comcast coming into the house for anything.

But, at least I now have a new talking point for my next TiVo support call.

Thank you.

16. Arcady

Arcady Stargate Fan

Oct 14, 2004
    Philadelphia...
    Maybe it was using Xfinity VOD as an example, and not specifically.

17. susandennis

susandennis Member

Dec 10, 2001
    Seattle, WA USA

That's actually what I thought until I read this thread. It will be Sunday before I have a chance to call TiVo back so maybe it will decide to hook up by then and we can know for sure OR if not, I can tell TiVo about it.

18. Arcady

Arcady Stargate Fan

Oct 14, 2004
    Philadelphia...
    When I got my third Mini, it hadn't been able to make a connection after about 24 hours. I went out of town for the weekend, and when I came back it saw my Roamio but wouldn't allow me to choose the Premiere as a host. Fortunately I wanted to use the Roamio as the host anyway. Definitely something screwy with Mini activations sometimes.

19. susandennis

susandennis Member

Dec 10, 2001
    Seattle, WA USA
    Thank you for this! I'm so frustrated that it's wonderful to hear that there really might be hope.

20. ellinj

Feb 26, 2002
    NoVa
    When I fixed my account issue the Mini took a software update and that message changed. It definitely sounds like a software issue.