Mini Remote will not stay in RF

Discussion in 'TiVo Mini' started by jetcobra, Apr 26, 2020.

1. jetcobra

jetcobra Member

Jul 24, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA

Advertisements

I have the Mini set up in my home office and over 2 years it has always worked in RF mode. Today I noticed that it was intermittent in operation so I checked and noticed that it produced a red LED when using any of the buttons. So I used TIVO + Green D and it would start flashing amber but would always end up in IR mode. I tried to re-pair using BACK + TIVO and it would start flashing amber and continue way beyond 5 flashes and end up in IR mode.

Has anyone had this issue and what did you do to get it back into RF mode?

Thanks

2. pfiagra

pfiagra Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2014
    When did you last replace the batteries in the remote?

3. jetcobra

jetcobra Member

Jul 24, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    I did not mention it above but I did it today just to see and I still got the same response.

4. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
  5. jetcobra

jetcobra Member

Jul 24, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA

Advertisements

Thanks.

Tried this and all went well through the global reset process, but afterwards when I push any remote button I get a flashing amber LED which goes on for 45 flashes. This goes for any button. Also while this flashing amber LED is happening I can control the mini with IR.

Any other thoughts?

6. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Sorry. The remote is looking for a TiVo to pair with and it gives up. Just as a test, you could see if it will pair with the host TiVo. That will prove it's not the remote.

7. jetcobra

jetcobra Member

Jul 24, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    IT's a Roamio and will doing the pairing mess with the remote already paired with the Roamio?

8. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    No. I have two Roamio units next to each other and the only safe way to pair the remote is to put one host in standby. Same with Mini. I'm not sure about that 3 foot rule either. My first pairing of a new remote caused it to pair with a Roamio downstairs. It's been a while though. My last pairing was with a dongle on a TE4 remote. Took 5 seconds.