Mini on MoCA not connecting to Internet

Discussion in 'TiVo Mini' started by costgeek, Nov 24, 2018.

1. costgeek

costgeek Member

Nov 22, 2017
    Howdy all.

I have a MoCA network with 1 Bolt and 2 Minis powered by Cox Cable (see diagram).

After a year of successful TV, one of the Minis (in the basement) stopped working (the other TVs on the MoCA network are working perfectly). Here are some details and remedies I've tried:

The mini says it has no Internet connection
    I can access the Tivo menu on the mini (i.e. it's turning on, just not providing a signal)
    Under network settings it says TIVO SERVICE CONNECTION FAILED, NETWORK CONNECTION DISCONNECTED and IP ADDRESS NONE
    I've tried reconnecting the Tivo service and MoCA network (neither connected)
    I've tried unplugging the Mini for several minutes (power and cable)
    I've tried unplugging the Bolt hub
    I've checked all the cables to make sure they're connected and not damaged (including outside)
    I compared the network settings with the working mini to make sure they are the same
    I've replaced the Mini that isn't working, with the one that is (neither mini works in the basement)

Any ideas what might be wrong?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 25, 2018
  2. fcfc2

fcfc2 Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2015
    No diagram visible. Do you have a MoCA filter installed on the input of the first splitter to enter your home? What device is creating the MoCA network, a Tivo DVR or a separate MoCA adapter?

3. costgeek

costgeek Member

Nov 22, 2017
    Sorry about that. I attached the diagram to the original post (includes filters). I'm using a Tivo DVR.