Mini name q

Discussion in 'TiVo Mini' started by RDCHERO65, Aug 8, 2017.

1. RDCHERO65

RDCHERO65 New Member

Mar 15, 2017
    My v1 mini from 2014 shows correct name on my 2012 premier elite as well as in online account info.
    My 2017 v2 mini shows correct entered name in online account info but not on my premier.
    Why? Rebooted, reconnected many times including thru TiVo phone support. No entered name shows on my Premier for the v2 mini. All else is fine. All devices are hardwire ethernet connected thru gigabit hubs. Ideas??

2. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Where are you viewing the name? On my Roamio units, I can see the Mini with the Info key then down if they are active. I never see the proper name. I see either the TSN or "another TiVo box". The Mini's name will display correctly with TiVo Online also. I can plug in my Premiere if I thought it would help.

3. RDCHERO65

RDCHERO65 New Member

Mar 15, 2017
    I view my user assigned name online for both my v1 & v2 mini correctly. But only my v1 mini displays correctly on my Premier using the info dropdown and the v2 mini displays the TSN using the premier info dropdown altho both display the " ... another TiVo box ... " message occasionally when the mini is in use and for about 4 hours after use.

4. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    They broke the Mini name months ago. It's not a high priority I guess. A Mini will timeout after about four hours without remote activity. Even if you put the Mini into Standby it still likes to keep the network active for a while, but not like being on-line. My Premiere is a two-tuner model, so it can't be a host for a Mini.