Mini MoCA connection to Bolt Running Hydra - How is it working?

Discussion in 'TiVo Mini' started by mobilelawyer, Aug 13, 2019.

Mini MoCA connection to Bolt Running Hydra - How is it working?

1. Flawlessly: The two connected the first time, and always stay connected for all functions.

71.4%
  2. The two connected at first, but now I have periodic disconnects.

14.3%
  3. They never connected at all.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. They connect for some, but not all functions, available on the Host.

14.3%
  1. mobilelawyer

mobilelawyer Occasional Old Timer

Jan 3, 2006
    Mobile, Alabama
    Please share your experience.

2. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Any Mini, with any host, never does every function done by the host. Example: Channel list & Diagnostics.

3. mobilelawyer

mobilelawyer Occasional Old Timer

Jan 3, 2006
    Mobile, Alabama
    Agree. The first available response could have better read "The two connected the first time, and always stay connected for all expected functions". I think respondents will interpret the question in that manner anyway. I wonder if we will see many responses of that nature?

4. BallJack

BallJack New Member

Nov 13, 2015
    I didn't notice anything unusual setting up the minis and updating the software to Hydra. TiVo Minis have always connected to the Bolt fine. Apart from the home page not showing images, the minis have been working fine. I'm able to watch all recorded shows as well as live TV from the new Bolt. I know you started a thread about TiVo mini not showing images on the home page. I have the same problem too with my minis (after updating to Hydra). However, I don't have a problem with connectivity via MoCa between any of the minis to my new TiVo Bolt. I didn't change or run a new line to connect the new Bolt. There used to be another TiVo connected to the same line where I connected the new Bolt. All my minis are connected via MoCa.

5. stevepow

stevepow New Member

Sep 3, 2014
    Mine have been working fine with MOCA - not sure why that should be any different than wired if your cable system is decent.

6. XIBM

XIBM Member

Mar 9, 2013
    My two first gen minis work fine except no images on home screen which I think is OK as they don't slow them down. Only use Netflix and prime apps...