Mini lux will not work with rf

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Slappy123456us, Jan 28, 2021.

1. Slappy123456us

Slappy123456us New Member

Jun 30, 2015

Advertisements

One of my minis died ordered a mini lux from tivo recieved it neither i or tivo get get rf to work my base unit is a roamio on old firmware not hydra...tivo told me in order to get rf to work on the mini lux's included remote i would have to upgrade to hydra? Does this make sense? I dont care about the voice stuff and know that wont work but kind of stinks to be forced to upgrade..

PSU_Sudzi likes this.
  2. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
    Many would rather learn to live w/ IR control than upgrade to TE4/Hydra.

PSU_Sudzi likes this.
  3. dianebrat

dianebrat wait.. I did what? TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    A mini Vox will pair with its supplied voice remote using RF without you needing to upgrade to TE4.
    The only time TE4 is required is if you want to use the voice functions.

When you received the mini and it's remote they should be paired already.

4. Slappy123456us

Jun 30, 2015
    It was not paired from factory its a mini lux not vox...and tivo customer service tried for a hour and a half to get rf to work and nothing

5. Slappy123456us

Jun 30, 2015

Advertisements

If anyone knows what they dont i would love to get it to work they told me i have to be on hydra

Last edited: Jan 28, 2021
  6. PSU_Sudzi

PSU_Sudzi Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2015
    Philly suburbs
    Same as OP, I have a new Mini Lux on TE3 that will not pair with remote in RF mode. I tried all the usual steps for some time and still nothing. My Mini Vox on TE3 paired to its remote in RF with some effort.

WVZR1 and krkaufman like this.
  7. dianebrat

dianebrat wait.. I did what? TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    You've tried the global reset of the RF remote? How to Program a New TiVo Remote - Tips and Troubleshooting
    I'm pretty sure the mini Vox and mini lux are the same hardware and in the past when you moved a mini vox back to TE3 you would lose the remote pairing and needed a global reset to re-pair