Mini loses connection whenever Xbox is turned on

Discussion in 'TiVo Mini' started by Zinister, Sep 26, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Zinister

Zinister New Member

Apr 18, 2018

Advertisements

I have my nighthawk modem/router combo, Xbox and Tivo Roamio all connected via Ethernet in the basement. I use a Moca adapter to get a connection to my Tivo Mini in the room upstairs. For the past couple months we have been getting the V87 error on the Tivo Mini. I have tried to upgrade the coax splitters and POE filter but nothing has worked. I just went into my router settings and gave both the roamio and mini static IP addresses and it seemed to fix the issues but when I turned on my xbox in another room the mini instantly got a V87 error.

Has anyone ever run into a problem like this before? I am thinking the problem has something to do with the nighthawk modem/router or the actual coax cable. I have tried to replace everything else. I am lost and ready to get rid of Tivo.

2. kpeters59

kpeters59 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    Any chance the static IP you set is the same IP the Xbox has?

-KP

3. Zinister

Zinister New Member

Apr 18, 2018
    No, I made sure of that. I also tried opening ports for the Tivo but that did not work either. I get the V87 error even when the xbox is not turned on. I do not understand how I can have a connection one minute and the next I get the V87 error. This happens all the time.

Netflix will work if I try to watch it though the Tivo. Why would Netflix work but watching live TV will not work?

4. tapokata

tapokata Active Member

Apr 26, 2017
    Sacramento, CA
    Netflix works because the app is run locally from the Mini- it's not streaming from the Tivo.

To rule out the coax cable, if you can temporarily move the mini into the same room as the Roamio, and directly connect it via a known coax cable- it's helpful if you can put the Mini's HDMI cable into an open port on the TV connected to your Roamio- that will allow to monitor both devices as you test.

5. Zinister

Zinister New Member

Apr 18, 2018

Advertisements

You are right, I have not tried to connect it to another coax outlet. I will try to see if that is possible. I might need to get a bigger splitter since the one that is by the Roamio has no open coax lines.

6. kpeters59

kpeters59 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    Can you pull up your MoCA signal levels in Network Diagnostics before you start moving things around?

-KP