Mini in use by TE4 indication?

Discussion in 'TiVo Mini' started by JoeKustra, Feb 4, 2019.

1. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...

Advertisements

With TE3 I can hit Info and Down to see if a Mini owns a tuner. With TE4 the Right key shows the tuners, but is there a way to indicate a Mini is using one? I have a Roamio host and Mini VOX.

2. CinciDVR

CinciDVR Contentious Member

May 24, 2014
    Cincinnati, OH
    Normally, yes. If the Mini is using a different tuner than the host, when you hit the Right key you'll see a box that has the name of the mini in it. If the mini is using the same tuner as the host, when you hit the Right key you'll see three boxes with pictures of the program running on those tuners. If you know the mini is watching live TV, then you can infer it's using the same tuner that you're currently watching. If you don't know the mini is watching live TV, then I don't see any way for you to know it's using the same tuner as you unless you actually switch the tuner you're watching in which case hitting the Right key will show a box with the mini's name in it.

3. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Starting with Mini and host in Standby. I hit live TV and set channels 2, 3, 4, and 5 on host. I tuned to 2. I hit live TV on the Mini. It acquired channel 3. On the host that block contained the TSN. Next step is to see why that doesn't work all the time.