1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mini fail to connect HDMI

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by William Kirk, Jul 13, 2018.

1. William Kirk

William Kirk New Member

Nov 3, 2017
    Just got a replacement mini and it will not transmit to my TV, the old one worked fine on this tv until it failed. Here is what I have done: moved mini to another tv worked fine, replaced HDMI cable that I know is good and still will not work, checked the tv HDMI plug works fine, replaced the coax and switched to a port on the splitter that does work.

2. UCLABB

UCLABB Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    Riverside, CA
    If the mini works at another location, then obviously the mini is fine. Hard to understand exactly what you've done. Have you determined that the TV itself is working? I assume you have the TV input set correctly. If the TV is working (maybe check by taking it to the main TiVo box location), then the next culprit is the coax although I think even with bad coax the mini would send something to the TV, but I'm not positive.

3. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    A Mini without a network connection will still display during power up.

4. William Kirk

William Kirk New Member

Nov 3, 2017
    Thanks for the reply, yes the tv is working and all the HDMI ports are working. I have changed the coax and switched the port location on the splitter that I know works and nothing. Also replaced the HDMI cable with on I know works.

5. William Kirk

William Kirk New Member

Nov 3, 2017
    Found it! Intermittent short in HDMI 1, so on to VISIO! Thank you all for the help!!!