Mini Downgrade to old experience

Discussion in 'TiVo Mini' started by eaadams, Mar 27, 2020.

1. eaadams

eaadams Member

Apr 25, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    Just got a new mini box, my old one I think died. My Roamio Pro apparently has the "old" experience and it wants to know if I should downgrade the mini.

Is there a good reason to upgrade the Roamio to the new experience? I'm scared it will get sluggish as I like my classic Rock UI.

Will this affect how my Mini can work?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

2. jaredmwright

jaredmwright Member

Sep 5, 2004
    Bay Area
    I think the new experience on Roamio is better than TE3 personally, plus brings more capability like Auto commercial skip which once you use you won't want to be without. I recommend upgrading.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

3. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    You may have problems with the new remote. It may not wish to pair with the old interface. Since you can change the Mini "Experience" easily, you might try it with the old interface. If you find it has problems, it's simple to get the new experience on the Pro, then the Mini will follow. If you do get the new interface on the Pro, you will need a new remote and dongle to use the voice option.

4. lhvetinari

lhvetinari Si non confectus, non reficiat TCF Club

Jun 24, 2019
    Chicago
    I have a Mini Vox on the old experience. Only issue is what JoeKustra mentions - the Vox bluetooth / any old RF remotes just won't pair, so you're stuck with line-of-sight.

5. jaredmwright

jaredmwright Member

Sep 5, 2004
    Bay Area
    Also, HDR doesn't work on the Vudu app on the old interface if you use it, that was another reason I upgraded to the new interface, better apps support that I do occasionally use.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

6. eaadams

eaadams Member

Apr 25, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    It said you can't have new experience when main box is old. So I guess I need to look into romio new experiences

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

7. Mikeguy

Mikeguy Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2005
    There are many threads here on TE4 (the newest TiVo UI) and TE3. Recommended that you check some of them out, as there are real pluses and minuses to each.