1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mini connected to Xbox one hdmi pass Through?

Discussion in 'TiVo Mini' started by alexb, Dec 31, 2016.

1. alexb

alexb Active Member TCF Club

Jan 4, 2003
    Kirkland, WA
    Does any one have this?

I am having terrible issues with frame rate stutters - well almost like pulsing of frame rate and audio shifting in pitch or skipping to match. I am trying to work out if it is general compatibility issue or I need to go do more research.

2. edwinyuen

edwinyuen New Member

Dec 29, 2010
    Alex, I have some Minis at home near an Xbox. I can try it out this week.

3. TimA

TimA New Member

Feb 9, 2013
    A year ago, I had my Tivo Mini passed through my Xbox One for a couple months and decided I didn't like the picture quality. It seemed darker and had more compression artifacts compared to a direct connection. I didn't have any issues with frame rate or audio like you described. Of course this was a year ago and both the Mini and the Xbox One have had several firmware updates since then. At least this is one data point for you.

4. alexb

alexb Active Member TCF Club

Jan 4, 2003
    Kirkland, WA
    thanks for your feedback, i am going to give it another go after i have cleared some space on the xbox disk and maybe try locking different resolution on the mini and different audio options...

5. computersteve

computersteve Member

Jun 10, 2016
    OCEANSIDE
    OK so I am noticing this problem not on the mini's but on RC12 of HYDRA through a ROAMIO connected to my XBOX One. I notice it on Netflix & Live TV.. as soon as anything quick happens or a lot of action like explosions.. the frame starts to look like pictures pasted together not a movie.. I have tried replacing the HDMI Cables, its not that. It's something to do with HYDRA a new bug im thinking...

6. computersteve

computersteve Member

Jun 10, 2016
    OCEANSIDE
    So I just wanted to post an update to this. I can confirm with most certainty that the Xbox One is causing some problem with the latest HYDRA update. The Roamio DVR picture stutters,and framerate drops. I tried two Xbox One's & both my Roamio DVR's experience this same result. If they aren't connected to the Xbox One the problem goes away. Also the Mini does not seem to suffer from the issue.