1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MiLB and Bolt

Discussion in 'TiVo Bolt DVR/Streamer' started by rswc90, Sep 12, 2018.

1. rswc90

rswc90 Member

Oct 8, 2017
    My Bolt was hit by lightening and (apparently) fried. I am getting a replacement. Now, my apple TV won't turn on either.

We watch MiLB from the iPhone to the TV with Bolt connected and the Apple TV connected. I know this is not an Apple forum, but I am trying to see if JUST with the Bolt, does anyone know if I can watch MiLB? There is an MLB app which is different. We subscribe to MiLB. In the recent past, we have not needed out Apple TV for Netflix or Prime Video. The Bolt now, with Spectrum TV, has apps that show up sometimes for us to watch Netflix etc from the internet.

What I *think* I am asking is do I have to buy another apple TV just to watch MiLB?!

2. TonyD79

TonyD79 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2002
    Columbia, MD
    You are casting your phone to your Apple TV. I don’t know a way to cast to a TiVo.

3. rswc90

rswc90 Member

Oct 8, 2017
    I figured. I don't believe that TiVo has an app for that! But I was hopeful. I have 2 Apple TV devices and one was not even plugged in when the lightening struck, but now neither works. UGH! So frustrating!

4. jrtroo

jrtroo Chill- its just TV

Feb 4, 2008
    Chicagoland
    Some tivo apps allow for casting, I do this with YouTube all the time. Not sure if the MLB app provides that.

5. rswc90

rswc90 Member

Oct 8, 2017
    MiLB does not allow for that ... but I did find a cord that allows me to (supposedly) plug my phone directly into the HDMI plug of the TV -- lightening to HDMI. I have not received it yet ;-) so I am unsure of their promises.

6. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
    Unless the MLB app for the BOLT somehow also supports MiLB, or the MiLB site videos are hosted by YouTube, allowing casting the videos to the BOLT YouTube app, I don’t see how the BOLT can be of use.

7. TonyD79

TonyD79 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2002
    Columbia, MD
    Milb is its own app not connected in any way to mlb or you tube.