Migrating from an S2 to Premiere

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Royster, Jan 7, 2012.

1. Jan 7, 2012 #1 of 11
    Royster

Royster Beardy

May 24, 2002
    Long Island, NY
    Shouldn't I be able to migrate recordings and seasons passes form an S2 to a Priemere? Since I transferred the subscription to the Premiere, it doesn;t show up in now Playing.

2. Jan 7, 2012 #2 of 11
    lillevig

lillevig Cold in East Iowa

Dec 6, 2010
    Marion, Iowa
    If you transferred the subscription the S2 is now unsubbed so I'm pretty sure that you lose all capabilities other than live TV buffer.

3. Jan 7, 2012 #3 of 11
    Royster

Royster Beardy

May 24, 2002
    Long Island, NY
    I think I waited too long to unbox it. I was supposed to have a period of overlap. Will I have to pay for a month just to get stuff off the box?

4. Jan 8, 2012 #4 of 11
    ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    Once the subscription is off the Tivo, it basically is disabled in the networking features as well as recording.

5. Jan 8, 2012 #5 of 11
    ggieseke

ggieseke Well-Known Member

May 30, 2008
    Yes, if you want to transfer your recordings. The alternative is to just leave them there and use the S2 to play them.

6. Mar 8, 2012 #6 of 11
    sharkster

sharkster Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    So, is there a way to transfer Season Passes and upcoming scheduled recordings from your old Series 2 to your new Premieres if they are all still active?

I have two old Series 2 that I will be rotating out and two new Premieres that are coming tomorrow. One of the Series 2 has a Lifetime and the other one is still sitting active (since it's only $6.95 for that one I can afford to let it set for now if I can transfer stuff).

I have well over 100 season passes, between the two boxes, and it will be a major pain to punch them all in manually. I cannot continue using the old boxes for recording due to the problems that brought me to the point of replacing them.

I've had these S2 boxes for almost 8 years, so it is the first time I've replaced them. I am trying to make this easier, if possible. It seems like it shouldn't be such a monumental task in today's technology. I will be using wireless Tivo adapters and integrating the new Tivos into my existing wireless network. The old Tivos were just wired together for MRV.

7. Mar 8, 2012 #7 of 11
    WhiskeyTango

WhiskeyTango New Member

Sep 20, 2006
    New Jersey
    You can transfer the SP's if you log in to your account on Tivo.com.

8. Mar 8, 2012 #8 of 11
    Royster

Royster Beardy

May 24, 2002
    Long Island, NY
    As it turned out. I reactivated service on the S2 and transferred recordings and season passes and such. Then I cancelled the service, but because it was still in the first 30 days, they refunded the month's fee. It didn't cost me anything to reactivate, transfer and deactivate again.

9. Mar 8, 2012 #9 of 11
    sharkster

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    I've never found this kind of information on my Tivo account. Does it have to be a part of my network to be visible on my Tivo account? All I currently have, with the two old Tivos, is wired MRV.

PS: Thanks for your help. I really don't want to spend days starting all over if it is at all avoidable.

I'm wondering if, once I get the new Tivos hooked up and wirelessly connected, I can plug one of the old ones into my router and pull the information from that somehow (?). Or am I complicating things?

10. WhiskeyTango

WhiskeyTango New Member

Sep 20, 2006
    New Jersey
    The Tivos have to be connected to the internet. Here is the info.

11. sharkster

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    You rock, WhiskeyTango! Your help is more appreciated than you know. I've been so bogged down with the probs with my old Tivos for several weeks, and now waiting (impatiently I might add, as the Tivo guy said they w/b here in 2 biz days and, instead, it w/b 5 biz days) for the new ones.

I've been working hard on figuring EVERYTHING out ahead of time so that I don't have any lapses plus so that I can know what's going on before I get the cable guy here to trade out two of my boxes for cable cards after my new stuff arrives.

I have one extra ethernet cable so it looks like I can take turns hooking the old Tivos up to my router (after I get the new stuff going) and transfer the season passes, etc, to the two new boxes. I will follow your link and print everything out today.

Thanks again!! Really, I'm thrilled. I had already written down two big pages, of two columns each, of all the season passes on both boxes and the thought of manually starting up new ones on the new toxes has been daunting, to say the least.