might write Ultra Wishlist tivoweb module

Discussion in 'TiVo Series 1 - UK' started by b166er, Jan 13, 2006.

1. b166er

b166er New Member

Oct 24, 2003
    Brit in...
    I'm considering writing a new tivoweb module and wondered if any of you experienced in writing them can think of any technical brick wall I might hit (for example some information that there's no ability to retrieve for example). Alternatively, let me know if such a thing exists already.

It would be a module that you can enter various parameters to implement an ultra wishlist using the following info:

(1) The channels to search through ("ALL", "Favourites", "101,115,116", "100-300")

(2) a time range (THIS WOULD BE SET TO "ANY" IN EARLY VERSIONS, Might not even add this option at all) Values would be ("ANY", "AM", "PM", "EVENING", "EARLYHOURS", "EVENING+EARLYHOURS", "AM+EVENING") and so on.

(3) include words : (KEYWORD AND KEYWORD AND KEYWORD) OR (KEYWORD AND KEYWORD) OR (KEYWORD)

(4) exclude words : (KEYWORD AND KEYWORD) OR KEYWORD

(5) exclude titles : "FULL TITLE 1", "FULL TITLE2"

(6) exclude channels : "113,222" etc

In the results page you'd be able to select check-boxes and select "add to exclude titles list. The titles would be stored in a file.

I think the keywords should search through title and description.

All searches will be kept in a file for backup-ability.

The top level screen would show all stored searches and allow each to be run individually or all run at once. Ideally it would run via cron and email the result when it found one but that's going a bit far.

I see this as something you might run once a week to catch those shows you've been hoping for a repeat of for aaaaaages. For me it's "Happy Families" and "Brass Eye". I'm sick of getting regular wish list hits that make it onto my to do list only to disappoint me that they're the wrong thing.

Please don't anyone get excited and expect I'll have it done by the weekend ;-)

2. LJ

LJ New Member

Nov 11, 2001
    West...
    Have a look at the WishLists module on my website - that will give you some pointers. It replaces the standard TW Search module to add exact searches.

3. b166er

b166er New Member

Oct 24, 2003
    Brit in...
    OK, I've clearly set my sights too high. Think I'll tackle something less challenging first, like adding channel logos to the "Now Showing" TW screen.