MI-5 cancelled by A&E?

Discussion in 'Season Pass Alerts' started by tivogurl, Sep 28, 2006.

1. tivogurl

tivogurl New Member

Dec 15, 2004

Advertisements

I noticed that my program guide suddenly has A&E running CSI:Miami marathons the next two Friday nights. What's up with that?

2. wardude

wardude New Member

Sep 27, 2006
    I sure hope not,I was in the UK and got to see series5 ep 1, and I think it was the best hour of TV of any kind ever. Yes big claim, but what can I say.

I sure hope they bring us the new series, so I can find out what happens.

3. sieglinde

sieglinde Active Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    I'll check when I get home tonight but it was showing MI-5 for the early early mornings.

4. jgruiz

jgruiz Member

Dec 28, 2001
    Rochester,NY
    I don't have any new episodes scheduled in my Tivos. I was reading the forums at aetv.com and people there don't know what's going on either.

5. tivogurl

tivogurl New Member

Dec 15, 2004

Advertisements

I can verify that CSI:Miami was in fact broadcast. Also, my Season Pass gives no showings of MI-5 at all, not even early early ones.

6. aforkosh

aforkosh Member

Apr 20, 2003
    Oakland, CA
    On the MI-5 A&E Forum there was a reference to a Matt Roush posting on the TV Guide forum at http://community.tvguide.com/thread.jspa?threadID=700007599#comments .

He says that the rest of Season 4 will be shown in a marathon on October 21 from 11am to 7pm (ET and PT).

Note: If you want to pick up all the plot strands, wait for the DVD or figure out how to get the Spooks (series name in Britain) episodes from BBC3 (now into Season 5). Since the BBC version has no commercials, it runs for almost 1 hour; the A&E version is shredded, much harder to follow and misses important details.

7. Oct 1, 2006 #7 of 11
    JohnDG

JohnDG Member

Oct 28, 2004
    I agree big time with this. I no longer watch this on A&E due to the hack job. <sigh> AMC got it right with "Hustle," running it in a 1:15 time slot, including commercials.

Instead, I wait for a DDD 20% sale and buy the DVDs.

jdg

8. Oct 1, 2006 #8 of 11
    Mr. Soze

Mr. Soze Back by popular demand

Nov 1, 2002
    The 75006...
    The way they hack BBC shows to fit the timeslot certainly detracts from the shows.
    I didn't even watch the US showing of Life on Mars (BBCA) because of it. Same now with MI-5/Spooks, because...

It's only a smallish amount of work to get them off the torrents. If you really want a slick setup, check the Underground forum for the Zipper and for Tivoserver. I already got S4 and have 3 eps of S5.

9. Oct 1, 2006 #9 of 11
    weymo

weymo timeshifter

Jan 26, 2003
    Atlanta
    I don't understand why BBCA isn't airing these. I absolutely love this series and it isn't like you can watch it out of order. I'm officially abandoning trying to watch it as MI5 and I'm just going to break down and get the Spooks.
    You think that's what this hatchet job is supposed to do? Drive us to DVD sales? If so, what's in it for A&E?

10. tivogurl

tivogurl New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Does A&E have the US distribution rights for DVD?

11. aforkosh

aforkosh Member

Apr 20, 2003
    Oakland, CA
    The first 3 seasons are on BBC Video.