MI-5 3/12/05 (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by woyton, Mar 13, 2005.

1. woyton

woyton New Yorker no more

Mar 2, 2001
    Sharon, CT
    And now Danny!

What the ... ?

2. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    Just watched it. Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!

Is Harry the only person left from the first season?

3. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Well, at least they didn't end the season with one of their patented idiotic fake cliffhangers...

Is there any word on a fourth season yet?

4. Richard R1

Richard R1 Member

Sep 20, 2002
    Texas
    Yes, their website has the following statement:

"Spooks returns for a 4th series in late 2005"

Of course, that's UK time -- probably be January 2006 for us.

Check it out at: http://www.bbc.co.uk/drama/spooks/
    HTML:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/drama/spooks/

5. Fool Me Twice

Fool Me Twice >>>>>>

Jul 6, 2004
    RIP, Danny.

I didn't buy the enemy woman's sudden change of heart. Since when do suicide bombers have last minute conversions? I suppose it's possible, but I think the writers should have found another solution.

6. MikeSh

MikeSh New Member

Feb 10, 2003
    Mid-Atlantic...
    New name; Extreme Makeover BBC style.

7. Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Well, she seemed to question the plan before it even started ("They're still in love")...her mistake was to pick on people who had human qualities, while she still had some herself. Being exposed to Adam brought those human qualities out in her, and made her realize that she's not as much of a monster as she thought.

8. cheesesteak

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    I've never heard of suicide bombers having bombs implanted in them (although I did see Man On Fire). Must be uncomfortable as hell. Hope that isn't the start of a new trend.

So Tom's gone, Zoe's gone, Danny's gone. I can't imagine Fiona would want to continue. She's gotten her clocked cleaned twice already. When did they hire her anyway?

I liked Danny's character more than any of them. The only person I really like now is Ruth. Maybe they can hire Ben Browder and Claudia Black, too just like Stargate: SG1.

9. speedcouch

speedcouch Geekneck

Oct 23, 2003
    North Carolina
    It was pretty obvious Danny was the next original cast member to go as it just seemed to be leading up to that the last couple of weeks. But this way was quite surprising. Anybody know exactly WHY the producers are cleaning house by getting rid of Tom, Zoe and now Danny?

I also questioned why the female terrorist turned sympathetic towards Adam all of the sudden.

Cheryl

10. Jon J

Jon J Curmudgeon TCF Club

Aug 23, 2000
    Music City USA
    I don't think it's the producer's cleaning house but rather the actors wanting to move on. If the actor's leaving had not been on amicable terms I think their departures would have been much less sympathetic. :(

11. lew313

lew313 New Member

Jul 2, 2002
    New York,NY
    I'd like to see the cute blond get some more air time. :)

12. cheesesteak

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    I would have preferred it if Tom Quinn had caught a bullet, not Danny. He had the far more dangerous missions.

Do British dramas usually have a dozen or less episodes in a season? I was surprised that Murder In Suburbia's season only lasted six episodes. Then I started watching Night Detective and it's season ended after six episodes, too. I didn't expect this MI-5 episode to be the season finale either. How do the actors make any money?

13. Jon J

Aug 23, 2000
    Music City USA
    BBC seasons are typically short. This MI-5 season was 10 episodes. Seasons 1 and 2 were 8 episodes each. Because of the shorter seasons, actors are able to expand their work and not get typecast because of a long run.

Exceptions, of course, would be Coronation Street, etc. which are akin to our mid-day soap operas and run for years and years and years. ;)

14. Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Actually, 1 was six eps and 2 & 3 ten each...

15. Jon J

Aug 23, 2000
    Music City USA
  16. Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
  17. Jon J

Aug 23, 2000
    Music City USA
    Have you informed A&E they're wrong?

18. Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Nope. I couldn't care less whether they know what the seasons are. The BBC made the show, and they're the ones whose opinion matters.

(But as one who has watched MI-5 on A&E since the beginning, I note that they have shown it in the real seasons, not in the mistaken ones on their web site. That is, the break between Season 1 and Season 2 was after the sixth episode.)

19. rwhitlow

rwhitlow Posting Deficient

Mar 28, 2003
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I must say that I saw it coming, but still screamed in frustration when he shot Danny. The one character I don't like (Harry) seems to keep on.

Its hard to believe now, with all of the killing that's gone on the last couple of seasons, that Danny killed his first, recently.

But, no fear, its a plot to fool Al Queida. His death was faked and he will be underground to penetrate sleeper cells!

20. Richard R1

Richard R1 Member

Sep 20, 2002
    Texas
    Actually, if you look at the hyperlink when your mouse is poised over each of the episode numbers on the A&E website, you will see that they have them described correctly, according to each season.

The problem is that their webmaster placed incorrect text labels for each of the hyperlinks, making it appear that the first two seasons were 8 episodes each.

In other words, correctly named hyperlinks, incorrectly named hot spots.

(Hmm, I better stop now, the more I try to clarify, the worse it sounds!)