MFSTools 3.2 Backup image Help please I goofed.

Discussion in 'TiVo Upgrade Center' started by Anymountain, Apr 12, 2018.

1. Anymountain

Anymountain New Member

Nov 10, 2006
    I started with the JMSF_rev104.iso I pulled the failed drive, which Diskwarrior said was ok. The drive had been looping through setup. I used JMS_rev104.iso to make a new 2TB drive. There where a lot of errors reported it took 6 hours. The new drive is a perfect copy of the bad drive, it loops through set-up. I tried to force a download, that didn't work. I do not care about what is on the drive.

So my assumption is I need to start over with a fresh drive image.

So I've got the susie MFStools 3.2 running on my MacPro. And a gentleman was good enough to send me a disk image but its a backup of a DVRbars image. Can I use that some how or do I need an image made with MFStools? I assume I must also wipe the new 2TB drive.

I have a Premiere that I'm fixing, after this I move on to the soon to fail series 3, Next is the Premiere XL.

2. jmbach

jmbach der Neuerer

Jan 1, 2009
    Depending on your abilities and what you have available to you there are several options.
    1) If you are booting off the MFSTools ISO and you know how to mount the DvrBARS image (it is a VHD image) as a drive you can then use MFSTools 3.2 to copy from the mounted image to the new drive.
    2) You may be able to run DvrBARS in a Boot Camp install of windows on your MAC, restore the image to your drive and then use either MFSTools 3.2 or JMFS_rev104 to expand the image. (With MFStools you use mfsadd followed by apmfix)
    3) Find a friends computer that runs windows and then use DVrBARS to restore the image on the drive and take it back to your computer to finish it with either MFSTools 3.2 or JMFS_rev104