MeTV - May 2020 is The Month Of Mayberry

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Donbadabon, Apr 27, 2020.

1. Donbadabon

Donbadabon Bored TCF Club

Mar 5, 2002
    Nashville, TN

Advertisements

For fans of Andy Griffith, MeTV is hosting a month-long celebration of The Andy Griffith Show starting Sunday May 3rd.

They are kicking off the celebration with the pilot episodes of The Andy Griffith Show, Gomer Pyle and Mayberry R.F.D.

They are also including episodes of Matlock, The Carol Burnett Show and The Love Boat, when they have both Andy and Don Knotts (an other stars from the show).

And they are closing it up at the end of the month with the Return To Mayberry TV movie.

I am looking forward to this, should be a fun month.

The schedule is here:

MeTV presents The Month of Mayberry throughout May

realityboy likes this.
  2. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    I've been watching a good bit of MeTV lately. Mannix, Have Gun Will Travel, Maverick, The Rifleman, Columbo. Last night I watched an episode of Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea and the first episode of The Time Tunnel, two shows from my youth. I tried watching an episode of Cannon last week but it didn't move me to set up a pass for it. I wonder if MeTV is experiencing a ratings bonanza during the pandemic or if they only appeal to a certain audience.

3. Howie

Howie Out of Pocket TCF Club

May 3, 2004
    San Antonio
    I like Otis the town drunk. He’s a responsible drinker and puts himself in his own jail cell when he’s had a few too many.

4. doom1701

doom1701 Time for a new Title TCF Club

May 15, 2001
    Grand...
    I bought the full season of Time Tunnel last year--it was a really good concept and overall a fun show. The contrast between the pilot and the rest of the episodes is pretty stark, though--you can tell that the pilot had a TON more money.

dianebrat likes this.
  5. dianebrat

dianebrat wait.. I did what? TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish

Advertisements

What's interesting is how Voyage changed from the first season where it was a cold war and espionage show to a monster of the week show in the end.

Columbo is available on either Peacock or the NBC app and they have better quality transfers than MeTV uses.